How accurate is Subway's "Calculate Yours"?

Options
Is it as accurate as it can get? When I put in my info, it tells me my sandwich is 297 cals.... I put the same info into another Subway calculator that's not made by Subway, and it tells me my sandwich is 400 cals... That's quite a difference. I don't know which one to log.

FYI: My sandwich is 6" Ham on Herb & Cheese with lettuce, tomato, green pepper, onion, cucumber, honey mustard & sweet onion sauce.

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Eat it, you probably burned 103 cals worrying about it.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Lol I ate it hours ago :P Now I don't know what else I can eat because of that difference D:
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Lol I ate it hours ago :P Now I don't know what else I can eat because of that difference D:

IT. DOESN'T. MATTER.
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I definitely think you're over obsessing about this! Just say 350 and call it a day. You're allowed to be a little over/under! Eat if you're hungry!
  • stephevers1227
    stephevers1227 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I always look on my napkin :)
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I called Jared, and he said that his calculator is the right one.

No, but seriously... I would go by Subway's stats. The other site could have wrong/outdated info. Yes, so could Subway's site. Plus, there is always going to be variations from one sandwich to the next, depending on who made it and how.

It's all estimation anyway, but I would go with Subway's site.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    It's 100 calories. No big deal.
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Black forest ham? With the options you listed I calculate 370 calories.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,264 Member
    Options
    According to their nutritional information on their site, the black forest ham on wheat is 290 and the calorie difference between the wheat and the herb and cheese is 40 calories right there. That should start you at 330.

In fact, I just used their online calculator and came up with 400 calories for that sandwich... Did you maybe look at the serving size on accident (267)?
  • deegarcia19
    Options
    I used Nutritionix.com and got 391.5 calories
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Your local Subway should have a nutrition guide in the store. My best suggestion would be add up all of the calories (and other things if you want) separately and see what you come up with. It has the different categories. The breads, the meats (which are all based on a 6' wheat bread with no cheese, so you will have to subtract the calories of the sandwich with the calories of the wheat bread to get the meat content) and then you add the cheese, veggies, etc. I work at a Subway, and I have looked through the menu. You just have to read everything in small print to get what you need. I believe every store has a nutrition guide. Since subway is all 'Fresh Fit'. It may be a lot of work, but if you're looking for accurate, it's probably the best way! Hope this helps!
  • chazbo35
    chazbo35 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    100 cals wont break the bank. Besides, its better than McDonalds Im sure
  • trill0042
    trill0042 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I calculated my regular sandwich using the nutritional info on subways website. I usually have a 6 inch ham on wheat with pepper jack. For veggies I have lettuce, green peppers, onions, cucumbers and olives. Total cals 335.