Down and Out and feeling really un Motivated..:(

Options
I feel like a failure and need some uplifting advise please. I feel like quitting all together.

Replies

• sharonhauptman
    sharonhauptman Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Understood. How about a nice soothing hot bath or nap?
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Go for a long walk to clear your head. :flowerforyou:
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    This is a marathon; not a sprint. If you don't see results right away, know that you're still improving your body and health. There is no such thing as a quick fix; where would quitting get you? Nowhere at all. Take it one day at a time. If you're feeling overwhelmed, make a few small changes every day to make everything seem less daunting. You're a strong and capable person, and the only person that can keep you from succeeding is you. Stay positive; you have the power to change your life for the better.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    start fresh tomorrow! the past is gone gone gone

let's kick some butt tomorrow!!!!
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Some exercise will probably help pick you up! One bad weekend doesn't undo all of the good you've done! :)
  • sfburdett
    sfburdett Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You may feel bad at the moment but if you do give up now you'll feel worse further down the line, as one of the previous posts says this is a marathon, you are in this for the long term and you are in this for you! It will be worth it, you just need to persevere.
  • louisau
    louisau Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. It will make you feel even worse. Put yesterday behind you and look to the future.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Yup by a few of us
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    keep trying. Remember how good it feels after a day of healthy eating and a good workout. I was feeling blah too for about 3 weeks and I told myself "self, you'll be grateful later and your children will know a healthy lifestyle. "" It's okay to take a little break as long as you get back to it and give it all you got. Remember why you're doing it. Good luck!!!
  • samichip
    samichip Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    ShantillyLace, I think you're beautiful, I'm sure I'm not the only one! Stay positive, we'll all make our targets x
  • penmosha
    penmosha Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Dont be downhearted. Its Xmas - we are all failing in one form or another, we are all human after all. But come January, the fridge will be healthy - the treats at work would have been scoffed by more weak willed people (perhaps with a litte of your help). dont beat yourself up over a couple of slip ups. Come January you will be back on track if you keep coming back here

can you remember how you have changed for the good? Now go and have a glass of water and a piece of fruit or healthy snack, take a walk or just stand there and admire your progress to date.

BTW you already look awesome - go celebrate your progress to date *hug*
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    If you'e had some bad days, don't let them get you down. Each day is fresh for a reason - we can start again every single day, every single meal, every single minute.

When I'm feeling like it's all to hard and I'm deprived and tired, I take a couple of days off from exercise, switch up my calories to maintenance and relax. You know that you'll still maintain and it might give you that little boost you need to refresh and recharge your batteries. You might even miss working out!!
  • notafarmer
    notafarmer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I find reddit's GetMotivated subreddit has fantastic motivators. Check it out! http://www.reddit.com/r/GetMotivated
  • VivaLaBrownGirl
    Options
    Look in the mirror and remind yourself how far you've come. Change something up. A bit of change can motivate you. Move your room around or make a meal you never had before but wanted to try. Just never give up. You can do anything you aspire to. :))
  • Mirror_Image
    Options
    Just had a little look at your profile ShantillyLace - remember your inspiration :)

I've had a bad month of food - big time. But you just gotta keep plugging on and going with it. Exercise if you can find the time, epic motivator and my mood saviour of the last few months.

x
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Hunny you can do it.
    Just take it one day at a time, one meal at a time.

Go do something you enjoy and come back when ready :)<3
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    We get dressed and off to work, we feed the kids and family, fix the car, get the groceries, pay the tax, take out the garbage, etc., .... we do it cuz we have to.

This is no different ... those around us need to be at our peak, that is why we log, monitor, work out, go to the doctor, physio, etc.

If I let my feelings rule for too long others suffer.

Do I have feelings - yeah !

Do I think I'm ugly - a lot of the time ... am I really ? No ! Neither is anyone else.

You are beautiful, you are worth it. Do this for you ... then you can be a better you.
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm in a funk now too. I have no motivation and really don't feel like being on this website at all right now. Whats keeping me here? I think its the people who care about me and my health. I don't know them, hell I don't even know what half of them look like but they believe in me AND you. We can get through this. Just stay at it.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    First - Took a look at your profile picture. You are a beautiful young woman!

Second, if you are down because you are not seeing results fast enough. Don't sweat it! Everything worth while takes time and weight/fitness moves at a different pace for different people. You are here and you are trying! Keep your focus and over time you will see small week to week improvements that will all of a sudden turn into one big change!

Keep it going, I know you can!
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    You're only as good as your mindset, so tell yourself you can do this! Becauseyou can do this. You have to believe you can though. It gets easier. You get more excited about it.