Weekend Accountability

Options
I always allow myself a cheat meal for the week, but the last few weekends, I have turned almost every meal into a cheat meal. I live in a very rural area so most social situations are centered around food (and in the South, that food usually isn't too healthy). I don't want to isolate myself, but I know I could be doing better without all the weekend setbacks.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can to do stay on track?

Replies

• jen2607
    jen2607 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I seem to run into this problem when I visit my parents . Basically I just scope out whatever meal is present and try to pick the healthiest options. The last time I visited they cooked this huge meal of all starches... I ended up just eating the meat and picking green beans out of a casserole. That obviously isn't realistic ..but it's what I did that time. Just try to make sure you are hydrated enough so that you aren't famished while in these situations. Also, I LOVE sweet tea, and sweets usually. I've weened myself off of them and started drinking unsweet tea with stevia (it really reduces an cravings I have to over indulge). Also try to to express to whoever you're around that you would appreciate incorporating [insert favorite healthy food] into the gatherings.