Red on the head.......

Options
tena1028
tena1028 Posts: 80 Member
I am planning on dyeing my hair a nice, fiery red this week. I am naturally a brunette. Not a dark brunette. Right now I have been preparing to go red so I have lightened it up about 3-4 shades. I bought the Ruby Rush color by Feria today. I have used Feria in the past and really like it. I have heard good and bad about it, but I have always had good results. I hope I do with this red. Has anyone changed their hair color to a bolder color and LOVED it? I am excited, but hesitant at the same time. I don't want to end up with cotton candy pink hair (mmmmm cotton candy). Not that there is anything wrong with pink. My job would not be happy with that! Any stories, suggestions, warnings?

Replies

• rockabillymama
    Options
    RED IS AWESOME!!!!!!!! but i'm going to say you need to invest in a good argan oil to keep your hair non-fried and shiney, also only wash it twice a week, when you wash it you will lose color, and it will turn pink, and sherbert orange, make sure it's dry dry before you put on white clothes
  • tena1028
    Options
    RED IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!

I think so TOOOOOOO!!!
  • rockabillymama
    Options
    or lay down, because if it's wet the color will get on your pillowcases and clothes.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I never have luck with Feria. I mean... It works. But in the sun my hair is always some crazy color. I guess its the highlight pigments they use. But I don't dig orange or blue tints ;) Red is awesome but for a drastic red I'd go to a salon. They can pick the right shade for your eyes and skin. Its tricky to get right!
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I've gone red before and love it. I had it professionally done but my hair (which is medium brown) just wouldn't hold the color for more than 2 weeks. I had to redo it all the time. As much as I liked it, it was too much maintenance.
  • tena1028
    Options
    I never have luck with Feria. I mean... It works. But in the sun my hair is always some crazy color. I guess its the highlight pigments they use. But I don't dig orange or blue tints ;) Red is awesome but for a drastic red I'd go to a salon. They can pick the right shade for your eyes and skin. Its tricky to get right!

I have went to a salon twice and it is like they are scared or something to get it red. I always come out disappointed. If this doesn't look like I want, I may go back and just try to find a hairdresser who isn't scared. :ohwell:
  • rockabillymama
    Options
    I use l'oreal HiColor for dark hair. I used the "red" but i'm ok with looking like a stop sign, they have alot of different shades though
  • tena1028
    Options
    I use Wen so I am hoping it will help keep the color longer. I know red is bad about fading.
  • tena1028
    Options
    I will let you ladies know how it turns out tomorrow.