Help me - what to do about tonight?!?!

Options
I am going to a Wine Festival (my friend got tickets months ago) and I really don't want to overdo it. I am regretting saying I would go now, but tomorrow is my birthday so one one hand I am thinking it will be nice to go and have fun! How many calories should I try and save up for something like this?

Replies

• helkat922
    helkat922 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am going to a Wine Festival (my friend got tickets months ago) and I really don't want to overdo it. I am regretting saying I would go now, but tomorrow is my birthday so one one hand I am thinking it will be nice to go and have fun! How many calories should I try and save up for something like this?
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options

Well, a full glass of red wine (which has the most calories) is about 130 calories.

If I were you, I'd decide not to worry about it tonight. Make the best food choices you can make and enjoy yourself!

And workout if you have time!

If not, workout tomorrow, and eat nice and healthy tomorrow. You'll be fine. And happy birthday!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I agree - watch what you eat, but go out and have a good time.. it is only your birthday once a year..

Enjoy..
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    I agree with Corinthians, just enjoy the wine, sip it, make wise food choices, and tell yourself happy birthday. I do a free day a week, I've found that if I know i'm going to have one, I stay on track all the other days and the one day doesn't blow my week.
  • WISHFULTHINKING
    WISHFULTHINKING Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    :drinker: if u over do it its no biggie u can always work it off the next day, just eat a small lunch then tonight ull have lots of calories left ot enjoy
  • LeeAnn11
    Options
    I would agree and say go out and have fun! What I have done in the past is have a glass of wine then a glass of water!
  • fullofjoy720
    Options
    go have fun :D
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    At a wine festival, they probably won't provide full glasses at every winery station. And they WILL provide buckets where you can dump out (or spit out) wine after you taste it.

My advice: if you really like a glass of wine, go ahead and enjoy it. If it's not all that great, just have a taste! Why would you want anymore if it's not that good anyway?
  • helkat922
    Options
    At a wine festival, they probably won't provide full glasses at every winery station. And they WILL provide buckets where you can dump out (or spit out) wine after you taste it.

Thanks for the answers everyone. At this winefest, they do tend to give full glasses (likely because we are a bunch of girls.. hehe :laugh: ). I have 1087 calories left for today (excluding dinner) so I am sure I will be fine. I worked out hard this morning and walked for an hour carrying my baby in the Baby Bjorn so I have done all I can to prepare myself for the calories! Bring on the wine :drinker:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

I would enjoy myself if I were you and have 1 glass of wine and eat within my caloric range on the B-Day....you will be able to squeeze in some goodies ....
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, take me with you!!!:love::love:

Except I'm pregnant!! Dang!!! :sad:

Enjoy yourself!! Don't go crazy but have some fun too. :flowerforyou:
  • helkat922
    Options
    Just a mini update.. I went WAY over my intake for yesterday.. so much so that I can't even record everything. I had a great time at the Winefest, but made sure I drank a LOT of water in between and didn't drink all the wine given.. specially the nasty tasting ones, which I tipped out :laugh: They had these really good home made chocolate fudge things and I was a very naughty girl and had 3 :explode: ah well, after this weekend, I will be back on the wagon again.. until then, I have my eye on a piece of carrot cake and a few glasses of wine tonight... well, if a girl can't treat herself on her birthday, when can she treat herself right :laugh: