List of portable, convenient natural foods.

Options
Okay I am going to make a list of foods I can bring with me to work etc. that are convenient but also clean/whole/natural/healthy... so that I don't have break down and eat something crappy for me just because I don't have time or better options on hand. I would appreciate anyone adding on to this list to help me out and maybe help each other out too. I want to have a lot of various options so I realize how many things I can eat easily and quickly if I only want to!

The list can include items that aren't necessarily "pre-packaged" (obviously that tends to ruin the whole "natural" angle) but that I could personally prepare beforehand, say on the weekends or evenings, and bring with me. It can also include packaged foods that are healthy and natural instead of packed with sugar and preservatives... if any exist, LOL!

1. Canned tuna
(Can put on bread, in salad, on whole wheat crackers, etc.)
2. Chopped Carrots
3. Chopped Broccoli
4. Chopped Cucumbers
5. Chopped Bell Peppers
6. Natural peanut butter
(Can put on bread, whole wheat crackers, apples, celery, banana, etc.)
7. Apple
8. Celery
9. Orange
10. Banana
11. Chicken breast (cooked before hand)
12. Sliced turkey
13. Pear
14. Peach
15. Almonds
16. Peanuts
17. Pistachios
18. Walnuts
19. Salad (prepared before hand)
20. Snow peas

I know there has to be lots I'm missing! Help me out and let's grow a really long list!

Replies

• neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Okay I am going to make a list of foods I can bring with me to work etc. that are convenient but also clean/whole/natural/healthy... so that I don't have break down and eat something crappy for me just because I don't have time or better options on hand. I would appreciate anyone adding on to this list to help me out and maybe help each other out too. I want to have a lot of various options so I realize how many things I can eat easily and quickly if I only want to!

The list can include items that aren't necessarily "pre-packaged" (obviously that tends to ruin the whole "natural" angle) but that I could personally prepare beforehand, say on the weekends or evenings, and bring with me. It can also include packaged foods that are healthy and natural instead of packed with sugar and preservatives... if any exist, LOL!

1. Canned tuna
    (Can put on bread, in salad, on whole wheat crackers, etc.)
    2. Chopped Carrots
    3. Chopped Broccoli
    4. Chopped Cucumbers
    5. Chopped Bell Peppers
    6. Natural peanut butter
    (Can put on bread, whole wheat crackers, apples, celery, banana, etc.)
    7. Apple
    8. Celery
    9. Orange
    10. Banana
    11. Chicken breast (cooked before hand)
    12. Sliced turkey
    13. Pear
    14. Peach
    15. Almonds
    16. Peanuts
    17. Pistachios
    18. Walnuts
    19. Salad (prepared before hand)
    20. Snow peas

I know there has to be lots I'm missing! Help me out and let's grow a really long list!
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    just about every one of those hundred calorie packs. they are AWESOME!!!
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried them. Thanks for adding to the list. :smile:
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    no prob. they are great! you can get chips, crackers, even those hostess cupcakes.