Mio Heart Rate Monitor

Options
Does anyone own one of these? I just bought one, I like that it goes on my wrist. My question is...When should I be taking my heart rate when I'm exercising? Like when Im walking, should I do it often, or is once enough? I dont quite get it!hahahaha...

Replies

• chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    Does anyone own one of these? I just bought one, I like that it goes on my wrist. My question is...When should I be taking my heart rate when I'm exercising? Like when Im walking, should I do it often, or is once enough? I dont quite get it!hahahaha...
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    I've always thought of getting one. Going to save up for it this year.

Which model did you get?

When I get one, I'd get the Stride ( it's new , comes with a pedometer )

or the Motiva.

Did you join their 3500 Calorie Club?
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    I JUST got it last night!!! Haven't really had a chance to read too much about it! Just how to set it up and stuff, I forgot the book at home so thats why Im wondering about when I'm suppose to take my heart rate and don't have the book here to check.. I got the Mio classic...it's a pink wrist watch it isECG accurate. It is the one they used on the Dr.Phil challenge..which I had no idea about until after I bought it. I only bought it cause it was the only one that was a watch, and therefore I am more likely to use it!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Wear it just when your working out- Thats when hitting your target heart rate matters because when your in your target zone or higher you burn the most calories and you know your getting a good calorie burn as well.
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    OMG, you sound so excited. Pink!!! So cool. I would be jumping up and down and logging lots of cals when I can get one!! Must be sooooooooooooooooooooo cool to have it!!!

Yeah, I already hate wearing my sports bras! The most uncomfortable thing in the whole world. I mean, couldn't SPANX make a sports bra already?? Geez! I can't imagine wearing a chest strap for other HRM"s so that's why Mio watch is just so appealing!!

I just checked out your model on Mio watche's site!! Wow, your model's part of the proceeds goes to breast cancer research!!

Good for your heart and other's health research too!! Win/Win!!!
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Where would I find one of these? Walmart??