Meal Replacements

Options
2»

Replies

• MrsGreen1985
    MrsGreen1985 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I used to have shakes twice a day and a light evening meal and water through out the day. I started gaining up to 5lbs PER DAY.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

I use a meal replacement but it is much more. Shakeology, which is a meal replacement and have used it just about every day for roughly two years. It is a meal replacement with exactly what you described. They're satisfying and only 24 on the GI index. I think it depends on what you want to get out of them. If you are looking for a quick fix shake, I'd agree with what you said (for the most part) but ShakeO is definitely a game changer. I became a distributor because I love them but there is no better health shake meal replacement on the market. If you want more info, feel free to google it (or check it out on food facts) and get back to me.

curious as to what you think the relevance to the avg person ShakeO having a low GI is

and really there is nothing better on the market?
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    My husband has caramel toffee protein powder and the other night he threw a banana and strawberries in the blender with it. It was AMAZING.

I would totally do that for breakfasts. But I don't think using shakes as a meal replacement twice a day is a good plan. What happens when you return to the "real world" and have real meals? It's hard to keep your calories down to 190 a meal for two meals a day. I typically do 190 for breakfast but around 300 for lunch, and those are usually a moderately filling salad with either ham or chicken, so nothing too crazy.
  • SHINAS
    SHINAS Posts: 24
    Options
    I think that it's a misleading label... "meal replacement" There's nothing satisfying about them, they are NOT often low GI and sickly sweet giving you a sugar rush and not keeping you full. They can cause "blocking up" to be polite. They taste synthetic. You have to have quite a lot of milk normally with them. The vitamins and minerals aren't in a great form to be absorbed by the body.

I say forget them. But if you choose to use them, only use them for a a short and definitive amount of time.

yes im giving them a break now. atleast for a few weeks. my system is used to them and its no longer keeping me full. i rarely use milk. i use water and stevia as a sweetner=0cal. i always get plain or vanilla because i make my own flavors but thte one i get is really good compared to others ive seen as dar as the nutrition label.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I used to have shakes twice a day and a light evening meal and water through out the day. I started gaining up to 5lbs PER DAY.

rumor is a pound is 3500 calories. if you gained 5 pounds a day that would be like a whole boat load of calories. Did you really gain 5 pounds a day? spill...what was in those 2 shakes of yours?
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking IdealShape shakes twice I day. If I have to do more than make one for breakfast I wont eat breakfast, and I find them extremely helpful for dinner when my family is eating lasagna or pizza or anything else that smells good. I drink them about 30 minutes before they eat and I'm nice a full with no craving, and then I have an actual meal for lunch.

They keep me full and I like the taste.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options

Yeah but that 5 lbs per day was probably not fat, but pure muscle you were building in your legs by doing 20 minutes of TaeBo right? :laugh: :laugh:
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    I had tried replacing one, sometimes two meals with juicing (after watching this documentary: www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/) and it worked for a few weeks. I didn't use a juicer machine, i used a blender, i didn't want to get rid of all the fiber in the fruit. I got sick of doing it - it took A LOT of prep time - and after three weeks I switched to making fruit and dairy smoothies at home. I don't replace a meal with it- i add it in my diary as a "snack". It's a great way to get your fiber, vitamins, and dairy in your diet! Oh, i forgot to mention that doing the juicing thing at first, i did lose weight BUT i also developed a lot of constipation.. the veggies seemed to just stick in my colon.. lol I drank a lot of water while doing it, it did nothing to "get things moving".
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options

rumor is a pound is 3500 calories. if you gained 5 pounds a day that would be like a whole boat load of calories. Did you really gain 5 pounds a day? spill...what was in those 2 shakes of yours?

Must be that old Joe Weider stuff - remember?
    MEGA MASS 2000:laugh: