How do you make your sweet potato?

Options

Replies

• rexy915
    Options
    I peel it, then will either shred it into hashbrowns or cut it into 1/2" pieces. Then saute it in coconut oil with sweet yellow onions and a dash of cinnamin. I usually eat mine for breakfast with eggs.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for sweet & salty so I like them baked with salt & pepper.
  • thunderlight7
    Options
    Steam them. While hot add cinnamon, brown sugar, Butter. Taste pretty good.
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My chef-crush Alton Brown says to peel and steam them: quicker than baking and retains most of the flavor (compared to boiling them IN the water.) It's pretty quick too; once the water boils, they're done in 15 minutes.

I then put a dash of coconut oil on them and sprinkle some cinnamon. My boyfriend likes butter and salt and thyme.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I like them all these ways! (well, never had one cold with cottage cheese) They are a regular part of my diet - love 'em. It's funny how some of the things that use to be reserved for Thanksgiving and Christmas at my house are now a part of my regular diet - sweet potatoes, squash, roast turkey - just sayin'
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Steam them. While hot add cinnamon, brown sugar, Butter. Taste pretty good.

beat me!
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Saving this for later, I need to add sweet potatoes to my diet
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I eat mine plain. Apples and/or cinnamon go great with sweet potato as well
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    gave up using tin foil for potatoes when I discovered that rubbing a little olive oil on them

before placing into a 325 degree oven to desired wellness makes the BEST tasting skin!

not to mention foil is toxic but if you must use it, take care to place the shiny side towards

the food...

thanks for the post!

You eat the skin on a SWEET potato? This would be more for a regular white potato, right?

I like my sweet potatoes baked in the skin, then remove the nummy insides, add a little butter, pepper, and brown sugar.......mmmm, good!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm baking one up now. Plain. Maybe a little salt n pepper.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    sweet potato...no need to add sugar or honey :) haha. I add a yogurt butter substitute.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    You eat the skin on a SWEET potato?

The skin is the best part!
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I cut mine into rounds and sprinkle green onion, herbs, garlic and feta. Bake for 20 minutes on 450...yummmmmmmmm
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I like to cube it and add some olive oil and cayenne pepper then roast in the oven.

This ^ I make "fries" and then I do cayenne with paprika and chili powder -- a little sweet and spicy combo!!! YUM!
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I microwave mine for 4 minutes on each side and then eat it mashed. Some people don't like the idea of microwaving food but it works for me.

Sweet Potato is so delicious, I eat it as is.
    i microwave mine too...still comes out great. I eat it as is too, but i add a little touch of butter...
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    Plain. Poke holes put in microwave for 5 minutes. Perfect. No need for any add ons.
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Plain yogurt, honey and cinnamon! Yum! :)

Or baked fries.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I make sweet potato fries. Cut it into fries, brush on a little EVOO and dash of Adobo seasoning and bake..yummy!!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    baked, plain sometimes a bit of margarine or butter.