Elephants ...

Options
2»

Replies

• Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Elephants have 4 knees and cannot jump.

Thanks for this information. One day this might be the million dollar question and thanks to you I now know.
  • pfeiferfit
    pfeiferfit Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Sleep deprivation can do crazy things to the mind. I slept ok last night. I have a standup fan that can kind of block SOME noise. The only problem is that its cold now. I also have a roommate who is ridiculously loud. She sits at the kitchen table outside my door for hours on end yelling into her cell phone and she leaves the alerts/ringtones on high. She also has the problem where she can't shut anything without slamming it. So the neighbor situation gets a little more intolerable when the roommate situation gets worse. I've had to ask her at 3 am to please be quieter . She acted like that was some major inconvenience and stopped talking to me. Oh well... it's holiday break so no problems.

I'm going to guess your neighbors might be tired of your roommate's ringtone too - those things CARRY! I'd talk to your neighbors, but also ask them if there's anything you can do to make it quieter on your end. And definitely get ear plugs. You can let the stress build by resenting them, but it's better to be proactive and get some earplugs going on. When all else fails.

My neighbors moved in and a while after, left on a trip with reno guys doing serious work (from noon to 10 or 11) and didn't let us know. If they'd have let us know timeframe, i'd have relaxed, but since we didn't know, every night was torture. We had to ask them to stop at 9 per code, and we had to ask repeatedly. I got stressed at my neighbor and asked him to tell me next time. Now he does. It helps me. And we own, so we can't move or anything... Our houses are attached. NOW i really like them as neighbors, but at the time it was STRESSFUL!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Ear plugs! They work wonders.
  • espence30
    espence30 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    oh this makes me glad I don't have an apartment anymore... but I did have neighbors recently that had dogs that barked constantly all day and night..kept us from being able to sleep with windows open.. it sucked..
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    They could be zombies ... but usually due to flesh/muscle deterioration they would seemingly be lighter. Do you hear voices calling out "brains ..." in the night?
  • jen2607
    jen2607 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks ! lmao. I have earplugs so we will just see. My first thought when I moved in was that maybe floors are just cheap (they are my upstairs neighbors). I know my roommates and I are the quietest, I have a dog that likes to run laps up the hallway and I can be clumsy first thing in the morning. I asked my downstairs neighbors one day if they could hear us and they said they couldn't hear a thing. As for the room directly above me, I'm assuming it is the the master bedroom so the parents not the kids sleep there (and the noise isn't f&*(ing , it's stomping all across the room).
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Seems bizarre to me that you took the step of having a letter sent before simply asking nicely. I'd be very upset if a letter like that was the very first I knew of a problem, are you trying to get the noise levels down or to start a feud?

Perhaps they have no idea how loud things are in your apartment? I've never lived in an apartment, but was shocked at how noise carries the first time I stayed in an apartment on holiday.
  • khotch1
    khotch1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I lived in a converted apartment complex many years ago when my son was around 2. I can not tell you what I did to stop everyone from annoying me! I called the place skid row because NO ONE that lived there was normal, even the neighbor would run around outside in her bra, had a crush on my husband and would ask him to come over to do "whatever" needed to be done in her house..lmao!!! Like that was gonna happen! There was a 20 year old "mommas" boy who ran around naked in the middle of the night, a druggy who overflowed her tub and the landlord had one eye missing which I'm sure was from another normal tenant that rapped him in the face! My most problem believe it or not was a 16 year old girl that rented a room right above my son's bedroom and she would have her friends up there partying all night long! Obviously her mom was a complete loser because she paid for the girl to live there so she didn't have to deal with her but i CERTAINLY did!!!

I never paid a full months rent living there..I actually stopped paying completely to get the hell out! I had everything documented and cops were there several times so legally I was good 2 go!

Call the cops after a certain time, this usually goes state to state so find out what the time is by you!

I can feel for anyone that has pathetic neighbors!!! Been there done that!
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    They could be zombies ... but usually due to flesh/muscle deterioration they would seemingly be lighter. Do you hear voices calling out "brains ..." in the night?

Zombies do not talk. Everyone knows that!!
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    irrelephant_fullpic_artwork.jpg
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options

Zombies do not talk. Everyone knows that!!

We'll soon all see! The zombie apocalypse is fast approaching!
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Maybe they're f*cking?

And thats why I love my MFP friends.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Maybe they're f*cking?

*kitten* louder. Have a competition. If done properly, you should be knocked right the hell out afterwards.

Clearly belongs on my friend list. Clearly.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I've had good and bad neighbors where I live.......the walls are REALLY thick, so you have to make a special effort to be an *kitten*. Right now, it's exceptionally good............although I've had neighbors who I'm sure were meth-heads, as theY NEVER slept, and one who had this weird ceiling fan that would make this clunking noise (and she kept it running ALL the time!)

The doors are heavy, too, and if you don't hold them a little as they close, they'll slam loud enough to shake the building! Most everyone is pretty good about that now.

I've gotten so, if I have a noisy neighbor, I'll write them a little note and give them some homemade cookies or something - surprising how a little treat can make neighbors MUCH more considerate :flowerforyou:
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I used to live on the main high street in my town, opposite various take outs..... The noise was pretty constant and they let off fireworks in the street at New Years, in my flats direction *shudders* Moved as soon as possible!
    I've always tried to keep pretty quiet and considerate, but it is hard! An old housemate used to snooze her alarm every 5 mins from 6am till haf past...... Drove me mental!
  • jen2607
    Options
    ahh.. the alarm thing. Drives me insane! I'm the type of person that once I'm woken up, I'm up. I had an ex who would sleep through the alarm..and then when did finally hear it he would hit snooze. I would eventually be the one to get him up, which sucks when I worked nights. Glad that babysitting duty is over!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I've gotten so, if I have a noisy neighbor, I'll write them a little note and give them some homemade cookies or something - surprising how a little treat can make neighbors MUCH more considerate :flowerforyou:
    That's pretty smart. Everybody wins. :smile:
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Thanks ! lmao. I have earplugs so we will just see. My first thought when I moved in was that maybe floors are just cheap (they are my upstairs neighbors). I know my roommates and I are the quietest, I have a dog that likes to run laps up the hallway and I can be clumsy first thing in the morning. I asked my downstairs neighbors one day if they could hear us and they said they couldn't hear a thing. As for the room directly above me, I'm assuming it is the the master bedroom so the parents not the kids sleep there (and the noise isn't f&*(ing , it's stomping all across the room).

Yeah, see, right there? Not doin' it right. Good f*ckin' should end with destruction of furniture, impaired auditory senses, torn ligaments, and crotchal erosion.
  • jen2607
    Options
    LMAO. Maybe it's just been too long. Recent conversation while talking to my friend's dad.

In reference to his new TV : "When you told me how big it was, I didn't realize it was going to be this big. I thought I had seen pretty big TV's before, but this is ridiculous. Maybe it's just been a while since I've seen a big one, so yours looks that much bigger. It seems huge , though."

Response : "Jen, are we still talking about TV's??
  • Mirror_Image
    Options
    I live in staff accommodation. I have girl in the room next to me who CANNOT shut a f*cking door properly. She slams, and not just let's it close of it's own accord which is loud enough (automatic fire door) - but I'm pretty sure she swings it off the hinges. When you're on nightshift...oh...I've never felt so close to strangling someone...

I have to laugh at this, when I was 19 I had a neighbor who came IN to my apartment (he asked) to install rubber stops on my cupboards, so that the slamming wouldn't bother him.

What a very practical guy. Sorry it's not possible in this case, but ... I thought it was funny. We were BAD neighbors back then.

Ha! That's a bit cheeky, asking to install rubber stops.
    These doors in staff accomm are the automatic fire doors that can easily be controlled shut. I have gotten up bleary eyed a few months back and nicely asked her to try to close them quietly (no attitude - which is good for me on poor sleep ;) ) It lasted for about 2 hours...RAGE! Going in and out of the room as we speak.