I'm new and I'm engaged...So I have to loose this weight ...

Options
Hi I'm Jena 29 I'm used to be sexy....But I gian so much that I dnt knw who I am n e more.I'm engaged but stop the date of my wedding wen I saw how bad I look in a Bridal Gown...Time ticking I only have 5months plz Help

Replies

• samanthaNT
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it! Do it the right healthy way so you can be healthy throughout the marriage as well!

and also congrats on the engagement!
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Congrats, and good luck. With some good toning exercise I'm sure you'll look super hot!
  • The only thing that will help is a strong commitment to YOU. I have 4 months to go myself but I'm almost there! Go get that goal!
  • flowjeanjenkins
    Options
    I'm getting married too!!! We definately have to stick to our guns!
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    You can do it! If you track and exercise and aim for a 2 pound/week loss, you could lose around 30 pounds by the big day! You just have to stay motivated and MFP will definitely help. I'm also losing weight for my wedding (mine is a year from now exactly 1/3/2013), so feel free to friend me if you need some support!
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    By all means work on your weight, but also work on your self-image. If you're so down on yourself, it's hard to maintain a focus on losing weight with negative thoughts about yourself. I *bet* you don't look as bad as you think right now!

Focus on some things you like (or even things you don't mind) about your appearance. Focus on the fact that your fiance loves you just as you are right now and is attracted to you right now!

Then make a small, achievable, short term goal and work towards it. Celebrate your success (even if it's not 100% success) then make a new goal. And keep going! Every day is a fresh chance to succeed. Don't let mistakes de-rail you, just keep going!

Good luck!

(Also, remember the most important bit of a wedding is the years that come afterward - it's not all about being a princess for a day, nice though that is).
  • _Sonia_
    _Sonia_ Posts: 40
    Options
    Losing weight for a wedding is OK... but losing weight for the marriage and life to follow is so much more meaningful. :) Think about all the wonderful adventures your life holds in store for you, and how healthy you want to be for all that stuff... a wedding day is a wonderful thing, but a healthy life together is what really counts. You can do it!
  • rubydoo102
    Options
    My daughter lost 83 lbs and I lost 52 lbs in 10 months for her wedding. It can be done! Good luck!
  • captainlindarg
    captainlindarg Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I've always thought getting engaged would be awesome motivation for losing weight. Good luck! Just stick to the boards and you'll find lots of good advice and encouragement.
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Losing weight for a wedding is OK... but losing weight for the marriage and life to follow is so much more meaningful. :) Think about all the wonderful adventures your life holds in store for you, and how healthy you want to be for all that stuff... a wedding day is a wonderful thing, but a healthy life together is what really counts. You can do it!

Well said!