Help with workouts

Options
My metabolism that used to let me eat anything I wanted and still have a tight body has recently gone on strike and I've notice some things jiggling recently that didn't used to jiggle.

What workouts do you y'all suggest for a girl about 125 and 5'3" who wants to tone and tighten, not so much lose weight? Or nutrition tips? I want to focus mostly on my butt, thighs and tummy.

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    What workouts are you doing now? I always suggest Tae Bo.
  • KellyAnn1874
    KellyAnn1874 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That's my problem I think, I don't really have a set plan. I just have been going to the gym and kind of winging it. Which probably isn't doing anything. But my friend and I have started spin classes recently, I just wish they didn't make my butt hurt so bad haha
  • KellyAnn1874
    Options
    I really want to start getting into shape but I just have no idea where to start. Anyone have any tips?
  • AZackery
    Options
    What other classes or things at the gym that you are interested in?
  • AZackery
    Options
    What other classes or things at the gym that you are interested in?
  • KellyAnn1874
    Options
    I really like the spin classes, but that's about the only class I really like. I really like to do a set workout, I just don't know where to find good ones that would work for me. I had a personal trainer a few years ago and really got into great shape and I try to do what we did, but he mixed it up all the time and it was a while ago, so I can't really remember the workout we did
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    Go to bodybuilding.com. Go to their Supersite and then to workouts. You can put in how many time you wish to workout a week, level, etc. and it will have programs that fit you. They also have videos for all the exercises in the program.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting can help! :)
  • KellyAnn1874
    Options
    Go to bodybuilding.com. Go to their Supersite and then to workouts. You can put in how many time you wish to workout a week, level, etc. and it will have programs that fit you. They also have videos for all the exercises in the program.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

This site is awesome! Thank you!
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I like body sculpting classes, you do intervals of cardio with weight lifting in between. Best of both worlds :)
  • KellyAnn1874
    Options
    I will have to check and see if the rec center at my school does those, they sound like something I would def try!