Ouch..30 day shred (J.M.)

Options
Hi

I picked up the 30 day shred at target and completed the level 1 for the first time today
OUCH..the 2nd set of push-ups nearly killed me...LOL
Anyway, from the introduction, I am guessing it's safe/Ok to do the 20min work out daily?
Also, does anyone have any idea how many cals the level 1/20min session burns?

Thanks so much, kim

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I picked up the 30 day shred at target and completed the level 1 for the first time today
    OUCH..the 2nd set of push-ups nearly killed me...LOL
    Anyway, from the introduction, I am guessing it's safe/Ok to do the 20min work out daily?
    Also, does anyone have any idea how many cals the level 1/20min session burns?

Thanks so much, kim
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I log it as circuit training. I'm not sure if that is right but that is what someone else suggested
  • mdebroy
    Options
    I'm on level 3 and I can not tell you how good extra stretching is after. No pain the next day. Anyways I find somewhere between 260 (when you first are starting a new level) to around 210 to 220 when your body gets used to it. Depends on your body weight but this is based on someone around 150lbs. I'd get a heart rate monitor to be sure.
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    Ohhhhh:explode: I have just ordered my 30 day shred :happy: DVD and now you are making me worried :noway: at the thought of those push-ups:grumble: .
    I have been using my Ab cruncher and light weight training:frown: so will not be up to many push-ups::sad: .
    I will be back :laugh: :noway: :laugh: :noway: :explode:

The character of a person is often carried in the mannerisms of his pet
  • Heather7
    Options
    Today was my second day doing 30 day shred, and I'm *planning* on doing it every day at least for the first 30 days. I'm wondering what size weights to start with though, right now I'm using canned goods (yeah really) because I haven't made it to the store to buy actual weights yet.

The pushups are killer, and I'm even doing the girlie ones.... but I'm just sore overall from the stuff my personal trainer has had me doing. I also have logged it as circuit.

I wish you didn't have to watch that intro every time you start it though, it would be nice to pop it in and go right to choosing which Workout level to begin.... anyone been able to do that?
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Nope, I couldn't forward it either
    I was also doing the girlie push-ups
    I just did some more stretching like another poster rec to hopefully help me now feel totally cruddy tomorrow
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I was very sore too when I first started this awhile ago. Extra stretching at the end will help BIG time. She doesn't do but several minutes of stretching at the end.

And you know what????

It does get easier the more you do it. Scouts honor.:flowerforyou:

Oh...also....you have to watch the intro everytime but I have figured a way out of it. At the end of the DVD, when you are finished stretching just shut it of before the DVD actually ends. Then when you hit play again it will not start off at the very beginning.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering what size weights to start with though, right now I'm using canned goods (yeah really) because I haven't made it to the store to buy actual weights yet.

I just have one set of 5lb. weights, and they seem to be about right to start with.
  • Heather7
    Options
    Very tricky! ~ I like it! Thanks for the tips!
  • plussizemommy
    Options
    I just ordered this today!! And, I'm very excited to get started on this!! Granted I know it will be hard since I am obese and somewhat out of shape, but dangit I'm gonna try lol!!
    How do you log the calories? Do I just type in "circuit training"??