Anyone know the true calorie count of a skim latte?

Hi guys,

I actually have 2 questions, i'm in Australia and i have noticed a huge variation between the calorie count in a small skim latte. Many give a number for 250mls.....there's no way that there is 250mls of milk in a small latte.
Any one know??

2nd question.....Sushi rolls? From places like sushi sushi in Melbourne. There is a huge variation in this food too. I'm talking about one roll like tuna and avocado or vegetarian. Just the standard size. I thought it was about 250 calories for 2 according to my michelle bridges book but the numbers on here are all over the place!

Any ideas??

Thanks

Replies

• Hope someone has the answers!! I agree!! I reckon most small lattes could only be 150! & I don't get when a sushi comes back as 6 pieces?! I would love a calorie count on a standard sushi roll!!! Is a roll the same as three pieces??
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Try the Starbucks information "Starbucks Skinny Latte - Tall" looks about right at 102 calories....

Here in New Zealand we have a sushi chain called St Pierres - I always use their details when I eat sushi as the numbers for their sushi on here makes sense to me....

edit - sorry - I did not see the question about sushi rolls.... yes - the st pierres ones are normally 6 or 8 pieces...
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Depends on the size of the cup really, and how much milk the barrista has used. I had my barrista friend measure out how much skim milk he was using in my regular skim latte, it worked out to be 1 250ml cup (which was about 96 calories according to the back of the milk container)
  • calorieking.com.au has sushi sushi, and should have your latte if it's from a take away place

edit...I eat tuna and avocado ones often and they're 210
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    i'd ask the barista how much milk they use, or take an empty cup home and measure how much milk it will hold then you can work out cals from that. the last skinny latte i had (medium from Costa) was 115 cals.

sorry i have no idea on the sushi its one thing i cant eat!
  • It really does depend on the size.

I work in a coffee shop, and I've tried to figure out the calories of some of the things I drink. If you can find out the size of the cup (maybe take the cup when it is empty and measure the volume), and you know how many shots of coffee are in it, that's a great start. A standard shot of coffee is 30ml (where I work, I think that's standard), so I take that away from the size of the coffee. Coffee is 0-ish calories. So then find the calories for the rest of the amount of skim milk. However, milk does expand when heated, so I usually take off about 10% of the volume for the milk. Not sure how accurate that is, but milk seems to stretch about that much.

Hope it helps.