Heart rate monitors

Options
2»

Replies

• rkr22401
    rkr22401 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I use the Polar FT60 and love it. The FT80 is similar but with features for strength training as well as cardio. There were a few HRM posts yesterday you might want to check out. I discussed the FT60 features there so I won't repeat.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Here is a blog that I used to decide on a Polar FT80. I was really debating between it and a Garmin Forerunner, but for what I do and the things I like, the Polar was a better choice for me. I do wish Polar would come up with a cadence monitor that you could use indoors (e.g., spin class). That was one of the things I really liked about the Garmin. Ultimately, the Garmin was a lot more money, though, and because I like some of the features that are available on the FT80, that's what I went with.

It reviews all of the HRM. Also, once you decide, check out heart rate monitors USA on line. If you decide on a polar, type "polar" in the discount code, and they'll save you an additional 10%. I used it to buy mine. I never had used them before, but the shipping was supper quick (and free). I love my FT80, and I'm regularly uploading my workouts and reviewing the charts. (I'm just a geek, I guess). Anyway, here's the website:

http://www.heartratemonitorblog.com/
  • Steph62002
    Options
    I just got the Polar FT60 (early Christmas present) and I love it!!
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm ft60 or ft80 is sounding the way to go.... Plus they look sexy haha