here I go

Options
Bad time of year to kick a nasty sugar habit but I'm giving it a shot. Writing down everything I eat made me realize how out of control I was.

Replies

• samanthaNT
    Options
    Logging on here for me works wonders!!
  • vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    this site massively helps... its not the ideal time of year to do the weight battle but im determing to stick with it and be strong as I dont want to undo all my hard work. With the friends and motivation we will all do it- :-)

I have hit my first half a stone off since being back at the gym (the first few pounds were through weight watchers but didnt get on with it) and have now lost 13.5cms. Still a way to go but pleased with the progress and want to stick with it. WHILE EVERYONE ELSE STARTS THE NEW YEAR CARRYING I WANT TO LOOK A LITTLE SMALLER. no better boost than that!
  • Kamalka
    Kamalka Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Exactly what happened for me...I was eating healthy all day long (I mean my meals are healthy, my wife is skinny and eats the same than me), having 2 dark chocolate pieces (500 cal) here and there (once per day if I work, 2 or 3 if at home) and a 500g yogurt (500) when hungry. The other probem was on weekends: some peanuts, cashews, pistaches and full dinner with my mom was average of 4000 cal on one day. It may sounds stupid but it is only by writing them down that I noticed they were impulsive excesses. I was shocked by the thousands of calories I ate for nothing...these made me fat, nothing else
  • cartea01
    cartea01 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    This site is fantastic! I agree, until I started tracking what I was putting in my mouth, I wondered how the weight had crept on. The other day I allowed myself a treat of 6 freckles (chocolates with sprinkles) and that was 96 calories! A week ago I'd have happily eaten 5 times as many and not thought a thing of it!
  • Seraph1120
    Seraph1120 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My first week or two on here, I didn't even diet. I just logged everything I was eating like I normally would, just to see a trend of how bad I was consistently eating. It was definitely a shocker!
  • gigiwaterloo
    gigiwaterloo Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    This site has been a huge support group and I love it more every day! I haven't started back to "dieting" like I want to yet b/c I just gave up smoking 4 weeks ago and so I'm taking baby steps. But like most of you, I have just started logging EVERYTHING to see what I'm doing to myself and it alone has made me in 5 days lose a pound. Now I catch myself cutting things in half compared to my usual and putting things down and second guessing my menu choices! SOOO it's in your head from the minute you log on, you just can't help but be addicted!!! This is one habit I do NOT want to stop!!!!
  • Kamalka
    Kamalka Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I haven't started back to "dieting" like I want to yet b/c I just gave up smoking 4 weeks ago (...) it alone has made me in 5 days lose a pound

I suggest you never do: "dieting" means you will not eat normally to lose weight...you would get the pounds back as soon as you would get back to normal. I believe we just have to pay attention to what we eat....and maybe try to spend the calories we take.

it alone has made me in 5 days lose a pound

The site recommends to lose 1 pound/week....so you actually succeed your "diet" (which is not one). Congratulations for this but, even more, you are the first person I ever meet who lose weight when stopping cigaret...really congratulations for that ^^

Wish you the best