Any other breastfeeding mommies out there??

Options
I started MFP on 1/5 and have lost 14 lbs since then :bigsmile: I had my daughter in March '08 and I am still breastfeeding, we are down to twice a day. I was able to lose almost 20 lbs right away and not a thing since then until last month. I had a hard time dieting when I was nursing more often because I was afraid of it affecting my supply, but now that we are nursing less I am dieting and really working to get down to my goal weight (135) I have 50 more lbs to go.

I was just wondering if there were any more nursing moms that struggle with their weight like I do, all my friends IRL that breastfed lost all the weight and then some with no problem. I am really enjoying this site and hope to be around until I reach that magic number :smile:

Replies

• acjmomma
    acjmomma Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started MFP on 1/5 and have lost 14 lbs since then :bigsmile: I had my daughter in March '08 and I am still breastfeeding, we are down to twice a day. I was able to lose almost 20 lbs right away and not a thing since then until last month. I had a hard time dieting when I was nursing more often because I was afraid of it affecting my supply, but now that we are nursing less I am dieting and really working to get down to my goal weight (135) I have 50 more lbs to go.

I was just wondering if there were any more nursing moms that struggle with their weight like I do, all my friends IRL that breastfed lost all the weight and then some with no problem. I am really enjoying this site and hope to be around until I reach that magic number :smile:
  • CassieNic
    Options
    Im nursing my 4mo. The weight started coming right off, and now ive been stuck. After I stopped nursing my 3yo is when the rest of the weight came off, so I guess I should just wait until I stop nursing again to see any real weight loss. Good luck to you!:flowerforyou:
  • prestonjsmommy
    Options
    I also had my son in March of 08 and am breastfeeding. He nurses about every 5 hours and we will be done in 3 weeks. I don't know if I have lost any weight... I do not own a scale and don't believe in them. I take measurements and have been doing so for about a week. I also use 3 of the biggest losers workout DVD and they are great!!! I am at 165 right now and am hoping to be back down to 130-135 at the end of summer!! Hopefully the weight will just fall off when I am not BF anymore!
  • acjmomma
    acjmomma Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for responding ladies, I am going to continue nursing until she decides we are done so I guess I may have a while to wait to really see some results. I am walking 8+ miles every morning, doing 30 minutes on the elliptical every afternoon and doing Jillian's 30 day shred 4 days a week, so I will just keep plugging away at it and hopefully be able to see some real results soon.

Good luck to you both!!!
  • mommyof2kiddos
    Options
    I'm nursing my (almost) one month old son.. I don't worry too much about it affecting him since I'm not so much "dieting" but more just eating very healthy.. which is good when breastfeeding anyhow =)