I am a runner

Options
rhodesar
rhodesar Posts: 43 Member
Hi all C25K'ers

I started the C25K back in May and it was hard. I was very unfit, but I persevered and completed it some time in September. On Sunday I ran 5 miles non-stop (and enjoyed it). Today folks, I am a runner, and proud.

Replies

• shadea4455
    shadea4455 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Congrats on your accomplishment :flowerforyou: Keep it up!!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    YAY! The cross country team in high school had the slogan "You become a champion the moment you start training like one" and I always liked that. Way to go!
  • k8bugz
    k8bugz Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!!!
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Yeah! I was a runner before I was married and piled on the pounds - You give me hope I can be again - I soooo miss the high you get about half way through the run!
  • EuphonyChloeH
    EuphonyChloeH Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm starting the C25K at the new year and I'm very out of shape. Glad to hear about your success!
  • HisBeachgirl
    HisBeachgirl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 6. I'm happy with the progress I've made, but every time an actual runner passes me on the trail I can't help but think "I want to be like him/her." I want to be like you! Thanks for encouraging us with your victories. :)
  • StephFork
    StephFork Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Your success gives me so much hope! Here I am complaining about how hard week 4 is today running 5 minutes straight and you ran 5 miles! I can't wait to be able to do that one day soon. Thanks for the motivation! :)
  • Lp80
    Lp80 Posts: 29
    Options
    Well done! That's fabulouse!
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Nice job! It's not easy being a runner, it takes patience and lots of will power
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    :drinker: !! Great Job!!

Turns out... running is actually fun! :)
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Which now means your cool :)

"If you see me collapse, pause my Garmin."
    Hi all C25K'ers

I started the C25K back in May and it was hard. I was very unfit, but I persevered and completed it some time in September. On Sunday I ran 5 miles non-stop (and enjoyed it). Today folks, I am a runner, and proud.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Good for you, you ROCK!
  • Marvels1981
    Options
    Well done!!

I started in January and did my first race in May. I've not found any other feeling like finishing that long run that you've been training for!
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    Congrats to you my friend! I will complete the C25K program shortly (I am on week 7). I will see you soon :D
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    Will finish hopefully next week.
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Well done! I did the C25k a couple of years ago, and then the bridge to 10k program after that. I can definitely recommend that, or even a half-marathon considering you are already running 5mi. :)
    Congrats! :)
  • ACEgirl1
    ACEgirl1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love this post. Congratulations! I bet you want to shout it from the rooftops!
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! I've been wanting to do this! Thank you for the inspiration. I will make it!
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    Congratulations! You give me hope! I am so proud of your massive accomplishment! Woot Woot!!!
    :happy:
  • Rose200
    Rose200 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing accomplishment. WTG! I started the C25K last week. Today is the first day of week 2. On my profile it says, "I WILL be a runner." It's so empowering. Good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!