Finally a NSV I WANT to share.

Options
jbpretty
jbpretty Posts: 221 Member
I've had so many non-scale and scale victories in the last 18 months, I really wish I'd been recording them all. I've lost 75 pounds and I have about 15 more to go so I'm sure most of you can imagine what some of those victories might be.

I'd like to share the one from last night while getting ready for bed. As I was undressing my husband got the weirdest look on his face (I thought something was wrong, not the best look when undressing LOL) so I asked "What?!". He said "I never thought I'd live so long to see the day you had space between your legs." Please bare in mind I'm not at my goal and this is not a "goal" but I'm actually becoming more fit and healthy. Sometimes I catch a reflection of myself and I don't even recognize myself. I think I might actually like what I see. This has been an amazing journey. The leg thing is important only because this is my husband, who doesn't seem to notice the things I want him to. Plus he and I have been together for 18 years and for the first 3 months of our relationship was the only time in all those years I was thin, then I got pregnant and fat so that's another reason this is such a big deal coming from him.

So now I've probably rambled on about too much. I'll leave it at this, thanks for sharing my NSV with me.

Jamie

Replies

• fish119
    Options
    That is an amazing NSV!!!!! Good for you....and props to the hubby for not only noticing but commenting!!
  • lauragoat
    lauragoat Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your NSV and your marriage! I know... 20 years is a long time!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to this!!! Awhile back I looked in the mirror and saw the space between my legs...something I have always wanted as well! :) CONGRATS!
  • mjslazak
    mjslazak Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You know what? That's awesome! Congratulations, and here's to slender legs all around!!
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I can't wait to see my legs not touch (or have my hubby notice)!
  • NeshBeMe
    NeshBeMe Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! Congrats on your progress!!! I love those moments when we notice our progress and when others notice them too!!
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    That is so great that your husband noticed and actually commented to you!! That must have really made your weight lose all the more real for you. Congratulations on an awesome job well done.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations!! I can still remember the first time I sat down on a machine at the Gym and could see the seat between my legs!! AWESOME Feeling!!!
    :drinker: Keep up the Good Work!!
  • patsyanne
    Options
    The legs not touching is a great thing but the BEST is having a hubby who notices and says something to you. I have been married for 44+ years and mine has been my greatest supporter in this journey to lose weight. That wasnt always been true throughout the years but this time it feels good when he says "that butt is really getting small "!
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    what a great nsv. you have done so well. i cant wait for that to happen to me too
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Congratulations is an understatement, I wish you the best of luck with your journey!!
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV!
  • jbpretty
    Options
    Thanks everyone! You're right, it is great when others notice isn't it? My brother who I've seen quite often even was amazed again the other day. It's amazing what a month will do or a different shirt or pair of pants. I think I actually get a little high off of it. Maybe that's another reason this was so great, there were no clothes, it was just legs! This is another reason I LOVE the people here, you all understand me. 8)
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    thats a great NSV!
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    That is great, and so much better because it was your husband who noticed. It is hard for the folks who see you every day to notice the changes, as it is hard for you to notice them yourself. Every once in a while I will see old pictures of me and think "who is that fat guy?".

I'm proud of you, and happy for you! :)
  • jbpretty
    Options
    Every once in a while I will see old pictures of me and think "who is that fat guy?".

That is so funny you would say that. We were just looking at pictures this weekend. It's not just physically but emotionally I look different. The old me was very unhappy. What a difference. I feel sorry for her. My kids talk about my old physical self and I really don't like it. I don't know why, but I find I'm a little defensive.

Anyhow, physically it's amazing what we are capable of. Honestly I'm getting a little impatient here, I just want to be at my goal already.

THANKS FOR THE BOOST GUYS!
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I think that is an absolutely fabulous NSV!! And give you hubby a hug from the MFP team for his recognition! Men, sometimes they are just oblivious! It's awesome that he's taking notice! Congratulations on the weigh loss, you look fabulous!
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I think this is one of the greatest NSV's I've read about :bigsmile:
  • jbpretty
    Options
    Thanks blueygrl and SmileyJ23! Sometimes men are clueless and it IS great when they notice. It's a great reminder that it's all worth it when I'm starting to wonder if what I'm doing is even working anymore or why am I doing this or whatever. It's good for the mojo. Thanks.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!