Hey to all the yummy mummys out there

Options
Hi I have just recently given birth to my second daughter, whilst preggers I gained an extra 2 stone!!!!....(my fault naughty treats).

I am determined to shift this blubber and get fit and healthy fir my girls.... but i have a major problem..... im in love with FOOOOOOD!! and my will power at the moment in ZERO.

So if any of you ladies out there have some tips on getting me back on track to becoming a yummy mummy i would much appreciate it....Take care

Replies

• mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your new baby! I have a 3 year old and it's very hard to get on a good routine with a new baby, so don't be too hard on yourself :) You just need to find new ways to cook and make healthy food yummy. And you can still have treats, just in moderation-I try not to deprive myself of anything. That equals-binge :(
    I am happy to help in any way I can-just send me a FR.
  • jotiffs12
    Options
    Will do.... cheers for the advice :)))))))))))

P.S Your daughter is stunning
  • ccb1030
    ccb1030 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new baby! Trying to lose baby weight is SO HARD. I feel your pain :) I tried losing weight after my daughter was born, and fell off the bandwagon because I felt like I was starving ALL.THE.TIME. during breastfeeding.
  • BackInAus
    BackInAus Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I made the error to trying to lose weight while breastfeeding also, so if you are breatsfeeding, give yourself some time.

However if you're keen to get a start, maybe it would be a good idea to track what you are eating, to get an idea of just how many treats you sneak in each day (or week), that might be a big enough incentive!
  • Amrodgers1988
    Options
    I wish i could just get motivated too, my bad habit is chocolate and carbs,, alll day!!! :-(
  • VinVenture
    Options
    Not a mother, but a food lover. You can still have food, and lots of it, if you just know what to limit and what to eat more of. And, cooking healthily is so delicious, and simple if you can plan a bit ahead. (and then also teach your children to love healthy food).
  • MPwife10
    MPwife10 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your little one. I have two little girls...got pregnant with my second when my first was 7 weeks old. I gained so much more weight with my second and after having her it just kept piling on. I love food as well and have no motivation when I first started trying to lose weight. After my husband deployed I realized that I had to do something and I now have motivation. I have lost 52lbs since he left in August. It wasn't easy at first but is so much easier now. This site has helped so much...the people on here are amazing.

Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • jotiffs12
    Options
    Cheers for positive words......... taking it all on board feel free to add me as a friend its great to see all your progress....gets me motivated