Going from "weight-loss" mode to "maintenance" mode

Options
I am feeling a bit anxious. I have hit my goal weight so it's time to bump up my calories. I am 5'6" and weigh about 120 and am a size 7-9 (started at 150 and size 14 in Feb). I work out 5 days a week (just finished 2nd round P90x and on 1st real week of Insanity) I don't want to lose any more weight on the scale, but my hips and upper thighs are so fatty still. Do I still need to eat a deficit to get that fat gone? Or should I bump up my calories and work out harder? Any suggestions?

Replies

• chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to lose weight, eat maintenance calories and of course your exercise calories back as well. To lose fat, try eating more protein to help with muscle growth, and cut down on carbs, sugars, and fat.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,720 Member
    Options
    To help change, start lifting. Consult many of the females here who lift "heavy" and are getting results.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • lidageorge
    lidageorge Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I giggle because I look like a flip book where you can mix and match body parts. I bumped down my protein a few moths ago because I was seriously starting to look like a dude in my upper body. My shoulder muscles were insane! I am hoping the more cardio exercise with insanity will help get rid of lower body fat. I feel like P90x was more focused on upper body. I prob could cut the sugar and fat a bit :( ....maybe after Christmas! lol
  • camillehardeman
    Options
    I'd say lift heavy and eat protein, eventually it will even out. We have very similar stats and I have thick legs too (but I am trying to embrace it because that is just how I'm built haha). Also lots of stretching, some yoga, and maybe pilates might help with lean muscle mass?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!