Something you like to do that you know you shouldn't

Options
OLFATUG
OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
I'm a gamer. I like video games. Very often I find myself sitting down in front of my personal favorite MMO and thinking to myself, "I should be out running". I work a full time job, I take care of my two beautiful daughters (1 and 6), and *try* to be attentive to my wife.

Playing "my" game is my "me" time, (well, aside from my early morning runs). I feel guilty every time I do it. What about you?

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Mess around on the internet. Right now I should be cleaning my house or working out. But I sat down here to eat my breakfast. I finished my breakfast half an hour ago.

So... later taters. :happy:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Farting in the elevator and watching everyone's face get ugly.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

lmao!
  • ladykaisa
    ladykaisa Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    My morning workouts and long drives.

I know I shouldn't take long drives. It's burning gas, which is like setting money on fire. But it's calming for me, I get to blast my music without anyone in my life going "IT"S TOO LOUD!!!!", and I get to enjoy the changing views of the countryside.

But it's me time. I like me time.

Amy
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hovering over many cups of coffee for about an hour before I start my day. My kitchen is warm. The world is not.
  • OLFATUG
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Hehe
  • RosalindaP
    RosalindaP Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My guilty pleasure is reality TV! I am a single mom of two (girl 7, boy 5) and there is always SOMETHING else I could be doing. I enjoy sitting down and vegging out but as entertaining as it can be I get no real value out of watching so I end up feeling guilty for not doing all of the things I could have done in that hour! Like for instance Wii fit? Maybe a kickboxing DVD!
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Mess around on the internet. Right now I should be cleaning my house or working out. But I sat down here to eat my breakfast. I finished my breakfast half an hour ago.

So... later taters. :happy:

This! MFP seems to have replaced my Facebook addiction but either way I'm still wasting time I should be cleaning or doing something productive.
  • lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I like to buy bulk take away and eat it all.
    But I shouldn't and can't :sad:
  • JBJCurly
    Options
    SKYRIM!!!! That is my guilty pleasure right now... but I don't feel guilty as long as I accomplish everything on my to do list for the day. I make sure to put exercise on the list AND "me time"... except put me time at the bottom. Then not only are you pleasing yourself, but also fulfilling a requirement of your day. Win-win
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm a gamer. I like video games. Very often I find myself sitting down in front of my personal favorite MMO and thinking to myself, "I should be out running". I work a full time job, I take care of my two beautiful daughters (1 and 6), and *try* to be attentive to my wife.

Playing "my" game is my "me" time, (well, aside from my early morning runs). I feel guilty every time I do it. What about you?

This is mine too. I play FFXI and every time I log in and find myself sitting there for hours I realize I could have been on the elliptical or on the bike burning some serious calories. *sigh* Only good thing is I don't have kids, so I don't have to worry about the attentive guilt thing, and my hubby plays too, more than me even, so he's no help! lol
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Used to be smoking, but I'm over that.

Now it's my MFP addiction while at work. I REALLY could be doing SO many other things...and here I am!
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

:sad: LOL!!!!!!!!!!
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    SHOPPING!!! Oh am I ever a compulsive/impulsive shopper.... My buddies Mr. MasterCard and Ms. Visa can attest to how used they feel...
  • Agito
    Agito Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I don't really see why you would feel guilty, as long as it isn't getting in the way of things that are more important. Unless you find yourself wanting to call off work, ignore your family, or ditch your morning runs to play, there really isn't anything wrong with playing video games. You can't be out running all the time, you do need some time to sit and relax!

I like video games too, but I haven't really been playing them lately...
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    wearing jeans for a few days without washing them.. the longer you wear them for the comfier they get.. gross i know :D
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    wearing jeans for a few days without washing them.. the longer you wear them for the comfier they get.. gross i know :D

I totally agree. I figure it's not so gross as long as 1) you wear underwear and 2) you don't sweat in them lol
  • OLFATUG
    Options

My wife read an article somewhere about how we should not wash our jeans *ever*. Instead, we should just put them in the freezer every few wears to kill off odor and bacteria. I don't know where she gets these articles, but at least we both agreed that butt-flavored-ice-cream was not acceptable! :)
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options

HA... I do this, but I never feel guilty about it!
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Doing anything by myself, the proverbial "me" time. I don't do it often enough and when I do, someone always "needs" me, making me feel guilty.

Wasting time on the internet........but I suppose it's better than plopping down in front of the TV or stuffing my face.