Greek Yogurt

Options
Hi, I just started working out and watching what I eat and I was told to try greek yogurt as good breakfast add on. What brqnds are good? I tried yoplait and I didn't like it. Any ideas???
Thanks

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Chobani is good. I mix in granola or fruit, too.
  • Ricer11
    Ricer11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like the Oikos, either vanilla or honey. Usually about 13g protein for a 5.3oz cup.

Greek yogurt is usually more tart than what you might be used to, and the ones with fruit don't cover that well. The vanilla and honey flavors do.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I like Fage.
  • donworybhapy18
    Options
    I like Cabot. It's a little cheaper than Chobanni. I mix it with granola. It's a super delicious breakfast!
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I've tried most of the brands and they are all good- even the store brand (we have Winn Dixies here!).... much yummier than regular yogurt!!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hated it for moons-- "that Greek crap," was my favorite name for it-- but it definitely grows on you. I like Chobani, and have tried some cheaper store brand that was good, too-- I like a touch of honey, some walnuts-- delish.
  • DinaLKeil
    DinaLKeil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I like the Chobani as well...especially the one with the pineapple :)
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I do 8 oz of greek yogur..I add a few drops of berry flavored Stevia..a handful of blueberries and blackberries..yum yum yum. I dont add granola cause I am doing a Primal diet..
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I love Greek Gods brand!! I put craisins, granola, or fruit and honey in it....yummmmmm keeps me full!
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been eating the Traditional Full Fat GREEK GODS brand. I'll mix in some blueberries, slivered almonds, and 1tbsp honey. It's amazing. About 190 cals total. Mmmmmmm.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    chobani is my favorite...pomegranate...mmmmmm...wish I had some right now!
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I did Oikos for a long time and it was fine. I then moved on to Chobani. More flavors and honestly a better flavor after I tried it for a while.
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is an acquired taste. It has about twice the amount of protein as regular yogurt. The plain kind is the best for you because the flavored kinds have a ton of sugar. If you add berries & granola to plain Greek yogurt it is good. I like Oikos or Chobani, but the Kroger brand isn't bad either.
  • fitnatic67
    Options
    Big fan of Chobani myself.
  • mgero212
    Options
    Chobani Strawberry Bananna is my all time favorite or the mango is really good too. I have a different flavor each day for breakfast cause the protein keeps me full for a long time and its really tasty. Let me know what you think.
  • lexibelk
    lexibelk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I like pretty much all of them, but you should be aware that the tastier ones have a lot of fat. Ha. But really, check the label.

I eat Dannon Oikos regularly. It has 0 fat and good protein. You can get it plain, with honey, or fruit on the bottom.
  • rebeccask
    Options
    i started out with the chobani with fruit and fell in love. i've also had dannon (not my fav). as far as plain, i've had chobani, greek god, and fage. i like them all and usually substitute the plain as sour cream because it does have a tangier flavor. for breakfast, i'll add berries and a little agave.
  • SherriH69
    Options
    Stoneyfield has a great Caramel flavored one!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Yeah - Yoplait greek is not very good. Kinda chalky.

Athenos (flavored) is really low sugar ... but good (Wal-Mart). I like the pineapple the best. Containers are not very tall, but are bigger around than other brands.

Chobani is good too.
  • canuckgurrl
    canuckgurrl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I like the Oikos, either vanilla or plain, I find the honey one too sweet.

They are pricey but woth it in my opinion.