Quick Question

Options
Ok so I should be getting my tax return back soon :happy: When I get it I want to buy something to do cardio on (bike, treadmill etc.) that will help me burn a good amount of calories on. So my question for all you fine people is what would be the best thing for me to get? Keep in mind that I still have like 147 more lbs. to lose. :grumble: Thanks so much for your input! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• finallyproud
    finallyproud Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Ok so I should be getting my tax return back soon :happy: When I get it I want to buy something to do cardio on (bike, treadmill etc.) that will help me burn a good amount of calories on. So my question for all you fine people is what would be the best thing for me to get? Keep in mind that I still have like 147 more lbs. to lose. :grumble: Thanks so much for your input! :flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I would say an Elliptical ..its light on the knees with a great cardio workout:drinker:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I vote bike. a REAL bike. not a stationary. I'm a huge fan of getting outside to exercise (and yes, I live where it is very very very cold for about 3/4 of the year! :laugh: I just find it really boring to be on a workout machine all day. A real bike would really get you going and it's practical too! Just think, you need to run over to the bank? bike it! Need to pick up a few things at the store? Bike it! have kids and are looking for a fun family activity? bike it! you get my point :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I got the Gazelle Freestyle Elite. I am doing wonderful things on it! I burn 400 cals in 20 mins and I feel great....there is 0 impact........I am jogging! I got mine off of Craigslist for $60. If your interested go to TonyLittle.com. Be sure if you get it you get the Elite, it is adjustable and has the computer and heart rate monitor. New is is $300.

56259.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • basketgal
    Options
    I vote for a treadmill!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I vote for the elliptical .I purchased a Nordic Track Audio strider 990 which is a stepper,elliptical,and skier in one machine but it was pricy.I used our income taxes on it.all in all I paid about $1200.00 but it was on sale and well worth it.It has tons of features on it and I just love ellipticals at the gym and on Wednesday I will have one in my living room.I have heard so many great things about this elliptical its a consumer report best buy,and the reviews mad me want it even more.I also purchased the Jillian Michaels IFIT cards for weight loss and getting Fit .I can't wait to see how they workout.I hope this helps !!! Sorry so long :wink:
  • finallyproud
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions :heart:
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I vote for the elliptical. It's easier on the joints and you get a great workout.
  • finallyproud
    Options
    Ok so it looks like an Elliptical maybe my best bet :smile: Thanks everybody for your input :heart: I'm completely clueless when it comes to this kind of stuff :huh: