In it for the long haul

Options
I've been back on this site since the new year, and my weight has been bobbing back and forth above and below my starting point by a pound or two. It has been a little frustrating, because I have been pretty faithful about logging, and I am trying to increase my exercise level.

What I want to say as an encouragement to others who might be in the same boat is that I am not discouraged. I have bad knees, but I have been able to steadily increase the amount of exercise that I am doing. I have more stamina. Things that seemed heavy before seem lighter now (like a bag of yard waste). And I am succeeding in changing some of my problem eating habits. Sure, I'm not perfect, but I've come a long way, and I am doing it consistently.

I lost 15 lbs here last year, before my son's wedding, and I know that the weight will come off eventually. But I wanted to share that not everything is instant, and that choosing to be healthier is a choice that is worth long-haul effort.

Oh yeah, and while I was showering today, my stomach felt a little strange. I suddenly realized that it was MUSCLE I was feeling under all that flab! The crunches are working!!!!!

Thanks for listening:smile:

Replies

• sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I've been back on this site since the new year, and my weight has been bobbing back and forth above and below my starting point by a pound or two. It has been a little frustrating, because I have been pretty faithful about logging, and I am trying to increase my exercise level.

What I want to say as an encouragement to others who might be in the same boat is that I am not discouraged. I have bad knees, but I have been able to steadily increase the amount of exercise that I am doing. I have more stamina. Things that seemed heavy before seem lighter now (like a bag of yard waste). And I am succeeding in changing some of my problem eating habits. Sure, I'm not perfect, but I've come a long way, and I am doing it consistently.

I lost 15 lbs here last year, before my son's wedding, and I know that the weight will come off eventually. But I wanted to share that not everything is instant, and that choosing to be healthier is a choice that is worth long-haul effort.

Oh yeah, and while I was showering today, my stomach felt a little strange. I suddenly realized that it was MUSCLE I was feeling under all that flab! The crunches are working!!!!!

Thanks for listening:smile:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Wtg! and thks for the inspiring post!!:drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    that's great, keep up the great job.
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks, gals:heart:
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Great post sunflower. Sometimes, our success cannot be measured by scales or any instrument, but more intangible of our awareness, consciousness, a lifelong journey of learning,lifestyle change instead of a quick fix.

Good for you and tks for sharing your success story with us. Wish you the very best in your weigh loss journey.:happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!