I just ate 700 calories of almonds!

Options
I just ate 700 calories of almonds in one sitting.. I didn't even realize how much I was eating until after. I eat 2000 calories a day and that put me at 1180. Is this really bad!? Ik there's worse things to eat alot of but there's so much fat in almonds...??

Replies

• emandbensmom
    Options
    It seems like I overindulge on almonds about once a month. I get in a mode, usually on a less active night, where I just cannot stop eating them. I figure that is my body telling me I need something in them. It's not a great thing to do as they are fairly high in fat like you said, but I look at it this way...a year ago, I would have chowed down on a whole bag of Laffy Taffy or a box of donuts, so if a once a month splurge on almonds is the worst I do, I'm OK. I try now to count out my almonds and put the bag back up.
  • sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I really love nuts so I have to be careful and count them or buy the 100 calorie packs. An occasional over-indulgence can happen and you just start fresh with your next food choice. Nuts are so good for you so don't stop eating them, just think moderation.
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    It's not bad for a one time thing - but in the future, try to measure them out first, so you don't have ton in front of you!

Plus, almonds are super healthy and the fat in them isn't as bad as say, a stick of butter, so just move on and use the info that you love that nut for future snack planning!
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I just ate 700 calories of almonds in one sitting.. I didn't even realize how much I was eating until after. I eat 2000 calories a day and that put me at 1180. Is this really bad!? Ik there's worse things to eat alot of but there's so much fat in almonds...??

AND it don't take many to get up to 700 calories for sure...
  • AlicjaWaw
    Options
    i hate almonds but pistachios .... ummmmmmmm
  • sunraze
    sunraze Posts: 115
    Options
    I do this about once a month. Dont worry about it too much. Almonds are pretty healthy and the fat is the good kind at least. Just be good for the rest of the day and you will be fine---maybe squeeze in a nice walk or other exercise. I was totally laughing when I read this because I always feel like a moron when I do it but I love almonds so much.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Mmmm. ALMONDS! I love almonds.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just be careful the rest of the day and drink a lot of water - I find almonds tend to make me bloat up a little bit.
  • finchase
    finchase Posts: 174
    Options
    Almonds are actually supposed to be really good for you, but one ounce is something ike 170 calories! I agree with the poster who suggested measuring out the nuts next time so you won't be so tempted to keep eating them. One ounce is about 24 nuts.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious.