Push-ups

Options
SOOOooo I've been working out for a while now and I know I'm getting stronger and what not. When it comes to push ups I am still doing girly ones. No matter what machines I try at the gym or even just trying to do them gradually. It always hurts my shoulders when I try and do any kind of push-ups (Even the girly ones) Its annoying and no matter how much I try It seems like I'm not getting anywhere with it. Does anyone know any workouts/machines that I can do to strengthen these muscles or at least maybe tell me what I'm doing wrong? I am one of those people who love to push themselves and love advice from people. So please HELP! I would appreciate it SO much. Thank you! . :flowerforyou:

Also people who need support and what not you can add me if you get on frequently and like to talk and exchange tips and other info. Thank you again!

Replies

• IMcClenny
    IMcClenny Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can't really determine what you're doing wrong without seeing your form, but i bet one of your issues is hand and shoulder placement. when doing push ups I always keep my hands at a distance where my forearms are vertical while decending. also when doing push ups try to "pack" your shoulder into its socket, this can be done by focusing on your lats and pulling your shoulder blades as low as possible. Let me know your results!

Ian
  • Pooker89
    Pooker89 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I can't really determine what you're doing wrong without seeing your form, but i bet one of your issues is hand and shoulder placement. when doing push ups I always keep my hands at a distance where my forearms are vertical while decending. also when doing push ups try to "pack" your shoulder into its socket, this can be done by focusing on your lats and pulling your shoulder blades as low as possible. Let me know your results!

Ian

Thank you! I will try this out :)
  • booker5182
    booker5182 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Inclined push-ups on stairs or counters may help you starting out as well.
  • Pooker89
    Pooker89 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    :smile: TY , I have tried those but those are TOO easy. I will try a couple different ways for a while and see if they work if not I will ask again! :) Thank you both!