Weighing yourself!

Options
I have always weighed myself every morning to see the progress I am making and have found that even if I don't want to admit it; I find myself obsessing. I was wondering how often do you guys weigh yourself and why? I know that it's often said to weigh yourself once a week, but I look forward to finding out how much I weigh in the morning.

I was just curious!!

Ashley

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Any more than once per week will drive you crazy.
  • fbbtaylor
    Options
    Once a week, usually in Saturday....our weight naturally fluctuates through the day, so once a week gives me a good idea of how things are going and if i need to make changes.
  • melcap
    melcap Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Isn't once a week a lot too??? hmm I'm confused...
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i jump in a pool and measure the amount of water i displace. its is the most accurate.
  • echandle12
    Options
    I do it once a week at most. I also make sure i use the same scale at the gym (so I have no excuse not to go).
  • KacieHetrick
    KacieHetrick Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    LOL, Nice Engineman312...I weigh myself everyday but I have been obsessing about it, I haven't been able to lose for 5 years because of Hashimoto's disease (although this was NOT the only reason, but I'm fixing all of that now!) and I just like seeing it! I disagree with how often I do it but can't stop myself! Maybe once I'm under 200...33 lbs to go!
  • AndrewZki
    Options
    First thing Thursday mornings. Only once a week. That makes me feel good about the progress I've made through the week and gives me a good feeling about where I am with my goals and keeps me focused through the weekend.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I know I should only do once a week, and my weigh in day is Friday, but I'm really bad about doing it between weigh ins too and it's super frustrating sometimes. I just want to give my scale away some days!!!
  • b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm still addicted to weighing myself everyday but lately I skip days.
  • AlicjaWaw
    Options

Than i'm crazy already, i weight myself at least 2 ties a day, usually more lol
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Isn't once a week a lot too??? hmm I'm confused...

It really isn't about how often you do it, it's about keeping the proper perspective regarding the number you see
  • stephl81
    stephl81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily! I know that my weight fluctuates within a 2 pound range, but I like to know the number Im working with for the day. BTW, I weigh in on the same scale, every morning, naked and after I have used the restroom.
  • sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit obessessed I have to say, I weigh everyday!! Keeps me on track. But i'm not sure it is the right way of doing it. Once a week is probably healthier.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    every couple days but I have a window I aim for instead of a specific number since it fluctuates every few hours really.
  • DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I try to keep it to once a week - usually on Friday mornings - but i have been known to check mid-week from time to time
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I used to weight daily, why: because I was obsessed.
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday and I record it on my daily planner. I get nervous if I am out of town away from my scale :sad: . Don't mind me it's just my OCD.
  • BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options

So true. I found myself cursing at my scale today. I will go back to only weighing one day a week
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    I also weigh daily. I've found if I don't, the weight will creep on FAST!
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Ugh needed to hear this. I was up a pound this morning. No matter how much you tell yourself fluctuation is normal it's still crushing to see you've gained.

When we get on the scale and see the numbers have changed, we're like the lab rat that just figured out pushing the button releases a treat. So we start pushing the button over and over and over. We're not that bright after all I guess.