Help! I'm CRAVING something sweet.

Options
I've already had a high calorie day because I'm just so hungry! Now, I'm CRAVING something sweet. Preferable chocolate. Any suggestions on how to handle this hunger and these cravings. I'm stuck at work right now, so I don't have a lot of options.

Replies

• kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow Dark Chocolate Dreamy Clusters...120 calories a bag. There's only about 5 of them in a bag, but they can really help with a sweets craving!
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    You could just get a bar of dark chocolate and eat a little bit of it, then save the rest for your chocolate craving on another day!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Just eat some chocolate. If you go over a little today, no big deal.
  • SerenaP82
    SerenaP82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Chew minty gum
  • MeguPARN
    Options
    Hot chocolate usually does the trick for me.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Have some chocolate.
  • kissoffools
    Options
    Just eat a little bit! Portion it out and tuck some away for another day. Better than denying yourself, if you ask me.
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    If I want chocolate, I'll have a small piece of dark chocolate. If I'm not picky about the specific flavor and I just want something sweet, I'll happy nom on grapes if they're available. Red grapes preferably.
  • hhorncastle
    hhorncastle Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I was going to give suggestions like "Go brush your teeth, then you won't want to eat anything." Or if you have a stick of that dessert gum, it might take the sweet craving away. But, you know what? Have the chocolate.

I used to poke fun at my skinny husband who would eat half a chocolate bar and then wrap it up and put it away. Who DOES that?? I figured out who .. skinny people. So, if you want chocolate.. have some. But eat like a skinny person would.
  • Jreneewright
    Options
    quaker makes those caramel snack cakes.. they are rice cakes but actually very good!! and you have have a larger portions than just one piece of chocolate which feels like cheating but its not :-) good luck!
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth.

Yes, I said that. :) ... For some reason that helps me feeling "clean and fresh" and not want to start eating/splurging.
  • slashkiss
    slashkiss Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Ghirardelli makes some tasty dark chocolate squares that are only like 50 cals each and they are individually wrapped so you can just grab 1 or 2 to satisfy your sweet tooth and then put the rest of the bag away out of sight!
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    For me it is the Quaker Rice Cakes - Chocolate
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I like to keep a bag of individually wrapped dark chocolate around the house. Dark specifically because it's so rich. When I want something chocolatey, I have one piece and then I've got my chocolate fix. I've also kept a pint of ice cream around and had one or two spoonfuls of that, but you have to have amazing self control, so this obviously isn't recommended for everyone, lawl.

I've also been training my body to crave natural sugar instead of processed sugar. When I want something sweet, I reach for fruit. now it's getting to the point where that little piece of dark chocolate is almost too rich! It's just about training you body.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Extra Dessert Delights gum.... I recommend apple pie ;)
  • Jay0hwhy
    Options
    diet hot chocolate

or

a big mug of hot tea with splenda
  • labspaz
    labspaz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Special K makes 100 calorie bags of fudge dipped pretzels. They are delicious.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Fiber One 90 calorie brownie bars. There's a Chocolate Chip cookie one which is really good.

Fiber One also has new soft cookies, comes 1 in a pack, 120 calories. They're also quite tasty.

Fruit is also good. Strawberries, Blueberries & Watermelon are all in season. Perfect time to eat them.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate. Not actually that bad for you.

Or if you really just want sweetness with no cal then something with sucralose or aspartame should work for yah.

Honestly though if you crave sweet things then eat sweet things and budget accordingly.
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Options Belgium chocolate, half a pint of chocolaty joy for 60 calories