PMS and cravings!!!

Options
So....a week or so before my time of the month I get ridiculous cravings and seem to just stay hungry. I have done fairly well at not over-indulging in my snack attacks but I am usually cranky and miserable because of it. Do any of you other ladies have any magic solution to YOUR cravings? Any advice would be appreciated. Just trying to stay on track!

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Try to fill up on veggies and lean proteins, and keep a can of fat free rediwhip in the house. The whole can is 185 calories. LOL

Drink plenty of water, flavor it if that helps you.

Popcorn is not a bad option as long as it's not drowning in stuff. And if you need 'sweet and salty' all at the same time you can get a kettlecorn variety.
  • Joniboloney
    Joniboloney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I get crazy cravings but in the middle of the month when I'm ovulating: mostly for salty foods. I used to plow through bags of chips but last month added salt to celery sticks and cucumbers. Also ate a couple of handfuls of dry roasted peanuts. It seemed to work fairly well. Satisfied the crunching and salty craving with less calories. Good luck!
  • thecrossfitter
    thecrossfitter Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I seriously eat 6-8 times a day. I never get the chance to feel a craving because I'm always satisfied :)
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    When I stopped eating the grains and the sugars my PMS cravings and binges stopped (along with all the physical symptoms of PMS and TOM). I also no longer retain water during this time. Turns out carbohydrates make your body retain sodium and water.

I also don't eat legumes and I don't drink milk. I eat very limited fruit - usually low-sugar berries. I eat lots of protein and healthy fats like coconut oil, butter, animal fats, olive oil, avocado oil. (About 65-70% of my daily calories come from fat. YUM!!)

I also went back to the basics and only eat real, fresh food. Not boxed or processed foods.