Time to Change

Options
My weight has been a rollercoaster for probably the majority of my life.

I lost about 17kg (37lbs) the first time prior to my wedding (5 1/2 years ago). Whilst i put some back on, i kept the majority of it off by dieting once and a while.

My little girl came along in July 2010 and I thought I'd lose the weight withing 6 months. 17 months on I am still holding onto a couple of those kilos! I have been using myfitnesspal for 2 weeks and have already lost 3kg, just one more to get to my pre baby weight, and then a few more again to be where I am happy.

The reason for my sudden change in lifestyle: I was with a girlfriend the other day, her daughter is 8 days older than mine. There is a difference of 1kg between the girls, my daughter being the smaller one. But it occurred to me, that while my little girl is lighter now, I could see, by the time the girls were in high school, my daughter would probably weigh 5 or 10 kg heavier then her friend if our family eating habits are anything to go by. And so, my husband and I are trying to curb our bad habits, but still allowing ourselves treats from time to time. I have ditched the white bread (that I was only ever given as a child) and trying to be better role models for our daughter. I was teased about my weight a school. I don't want my daughter to have the same challenge.

Replies

• ShefMum
    ShefMum Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Better role model as parents good motivation. I have a 1 yr old boy and am already wondering if I may be teaching him bad snack habits in between meals. No point beating yourself up though eh?

I was also teased and bullied about my weight at High School - one way to get low self-esteem for life eh? Although I don't think I have particularly low SE now.