Help with chicken, please!

Options
Right now I have 2 chicken breasts marinating in Ken's no sodium lemon pepper marinade. I don't do a lot of cooking, so I'm wondering how I should cook it. Should I bake it in the oven with the marinade (it's in a glass dish that I could put in the oven) or should I just cook it in a pan on the stove? I don't have a grill so that's not an option.

Also, I wasn't sure how much marinade to put, so I just poured 1/2c over the chicken, it sort of seemed like too much though. what do you all think? any suggestions are welcome!

thanks in advance :flowerforyou:

Replies

• MaeSpring
    Options
    If you cook it in a skillet on the stove it won't sit in it's own fat which means it will be leaner. Always the way to go. :smile:
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    chicken breasts are very lean to begin with so you dont really need to worry about it sitting in its fat in the oven. In fact, that will probably help the whole thing.

I would cook them on the stove top if they are thin cutlets. If they are thicker breasts I would sear them on the stove top and then finish baking them in the oven at like 375 or 400. Use an oven safe pan so you can go right from the stovetop to the oven. Cook them until the thickest part is about 160F - then take them out and let them rest for 5-10 minutes, covered.

I would also consider that if you cook them on the stovetop for too long (which you would need to do with thicker breasts) the marinade will start to burn - not good.

I also will sometimes just bake some plain chicken breasts in a pyrex dish and put some chicken broth in it to keep them moister.

For future reference - if you are cooking a fattier meat and if you want to bake it, you can always bake it on a broiler pan or a sheet pan with a rack so the fat drips down. This also works if you have breaded chicken tenders or pieces of fish.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    thanks! I think I might just go with the oven because they are on the thicker side and I don't want to burn the marinade. I also prefer how they come out in the oven, but I wanted to get some other opinions!