2»

Replies

• Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    darn..double post.
  • KariePerez
    Options
    Yes many many times. I go to bed and its like I instantly fall in to a very deep sleep. Then suddenly I can't breath or move and its like I can see everything that is happening. It takes every bit of energy I have to move even a pinky to get my husbands attention. Sometimes I can't even move my pinky. All it takes is for my husband to shake me and I suddenly gasp for air and can move but all my body parts feel like lead and sometimes I slip right back in to that "Sleep Paralysis" others not either way its almost like I am dying and very scarry.
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I used to get it every once in a while. It falls into the category of parasomnia (sleep disorders) But I have not gotten since I got a CPAP.
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I think that your muscles become paralyzed when you sleep, which happens to everyone, and sometimes you can wake up before your muscles "wake up". I wouldn't be too worried!
  • bananagrabber
    bananagrabber Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i've gotten it a few times. last time i was convinced i was stuck to the bathroom ceiling, which is a pretty strange thing to think.
  • jen2607
    jen2607 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've had it happen a lot.. mostly during stressful times.

I have asthma and one time I went through an episode where I woke up on my back. I could hear my roommates' entire conversation in the living room but I couldn't move. I would then slip back into an unconscious state where I told myself I needed to grab my phone to get help. I tried to force myself to scream but nothing came out. I thought I was having an asthma attack but I just couldn't move, despite the fact that I was cognitively telling myself to move,scream, sit up. It was terrifying. I've been diagnosed with PCOS and sometimes I'm afraid I have sleep apnea. I guess we'll find out one day. If you suffer from stress or sleep apnea it can bring on paralysis.
  • KariePerez
    Options
    One time my now ex husband said he really thought I was dead. He had shock me and smacked me and his last desprite attempt before calling 911 was he grabbed me by the hair on the back of my head and lifted my head up and shock it as hard as he could yelling my name and I finally woke up. And the freaky part is that I saw it all like an out of body experience. When I told him in detail everything he had done to bring me too he freaked out. He said he thought I was gone.