Almost had a bad day!!!

So... things were looking good for me on this very cold Friday. I had a great workout in the morning. Had a lot of calories left to consume for dinner. Well, of course life got busy and I took my son and nephew to McDonald's. I thought hey~ I'll get a grilled chicken sandwich it can't be that bad. :tongue:

What do I get? A Premium Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich. I eat it... but skip out on the french fries... ok, ok maybe I nibbled on a few but threw them in the garbage right away. Don't even know why I ordered them in the first place. I am pretty satisfied and feeling good about myself. :happy:

Then... then I go on mcdonalds.com :noway: I was so disgusted with myself! I now know where they put the Premium in those sandwiches!!! It's all in the bun! :huh: 240 calories! And the rest of the value is even better. :sad:

So instead of feeling sorry for myself I put my rearend on my treadmill for the second time today. Walking/jogging over 5 miles and burning over 900 calories (for the day). That will teach me to EVER and I mean EVER eat at McDonald's again! :laugh:

Funny thing is... my sis and I are doing this together and she told me she was jealous that I went there. After I got done with my 2nd workout dripping with sweat I asked her... "Are you jealous now?" Of course she just laughed... :laugh:

If I am going to get rid of this 50 lbs before my husband gets home... all fast food places are BANNED!!!

Replies

• So... things were looking good for me on this very cold Friday. I had a great workout in the morning. Had a lot of calories left to consume for dinner. Well, of course life got busy and I took my son and nephew to McDonald's. I thought hey~ I'll get a grilled chicken sandwich it can't be that bad. :tongue:

What do I get? A Premium Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich. I eat it... but skip out on the french fries... ok, ok maybe I nibbled on a few but threw them in the garbage right away. Don't even know why I ordered them in the first place. I am pretty satisfied and feeling good about myself. :happy:

Then... then I go on mcdonalds.com :noway: I was so disgusted with myself! I now know where they put the Premium in those sandwiches!!! It's all in the bun! :huh: 240 calories! And the rest of the value is even better. :sad:

So instead of feeling sorry for myself I put my rearend on my treadmill for the second time today. Walking/jogging over 5 miles and burning over 900 calories (for the day). That will teach me to EVER and I mean EVER eat at McDonald's again! :laugh:

Funny thing is... my sis and I are doing this together and she told me she was jealous that I went there. After I got done with my 2nd workout dripping with sweat I asked her... "Are you jealous now?" Of course she just laughed... :laugh:

If I am going to get rid of this 50 lbs before my husband gets home... all fast food places are BANNED!!!
  • I'm not sure how many calories you wanted to eat, but at sonic you can get the grilled chicken sandwhich with mayo and honey mustard sauce for 430 calories. Just thought you'd like to know. :happy:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    I am with you on the all fast food is banned. I have not had fast food for over 2 years now, Fast food is just plain gross to me. My daughter works in fast food, and I know how some of those things are made.... You do not want to know!
    There is a reason that they do not list the calories on their menu. Because they are afraid people will no longer eat their food. Well DUH! they have a point there! but if they where REALLY trying to make it better for us, they they would make it different.
    I know what you mean dear. But good for you for working it back off!:bigsmile: :smooched: :heart:
    --Diann...
  • erin83070
    erin83070 Posts: 78 Member
    Good for you that you did your second work out! Be proud of yourself!!:flowerforyou:
  • Uptownerd
    Uptownerd Posts: 23 Member
    There is a reason that they do not list the calories on their menu. Because they are afraid people will no longer eat their food. Well DUH! they have a point there! but if they where REALLY trying to make it better for us, they they would make it different.

I live in Australia and our McDonalds has all the calories, fats, salt information on all of the packaging of burgers.

After that "Supersize Me" documentary came out, the Aussie Maccas had some heavy advertising campaigns trying to remove itself from the American Maccas... saying "we're not as bad! we don't supersize!" and "all of the nutritional information can be found easily on the packaging and in brochures inside our restaurants!".

It is just funny, though, because you look at it and you think "okay if I eat this..... I can hardly eat anything else for the day! :P"

People STILL eat it though, even though it is very obvious what is in it!