started 30DS today!!!

Options
I got the video I ordered last week yesterday!!!! I started level 1 today, I am so excited, but I have some questions.

1) How long do I spend on each level, I've seen 10 and 15 days but what is the actual time I should spend?
2) What do I log it under in my exercise journal? there is no 30 ds under cardio or strength
3) Does it really work? Can I see some results before 30 days?
4) Can I keep with it for more than 30 days?

And I need some friends to talk about this with so feel free to add me! :smile:

I am posting this here because I posted it in motivation and support and no one has answered back..... I kind of got bored posting to myself.

Replies

• dez_yaoichan
    Options
    1) How long do I spend on each level, I've seen 10 and 15 days but what is the actual time I should spend?
    ---> she actually says it is 3 circuts at 6 minutes each at the start of the work out

2) What do I log it under in my exercise journal? there is no 30 ds under cardio or strength
    ---> again, she says it is circuit traing, which is found under cardio

---> yea it works but you will see more inches lost then you will pounds

---> as long as you have the drive, you can do anything. personally, 30DS kills my motivation. i can do any of her other work outs just fine, its only the shred that does it
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    ---> she actually says it is 3 circuts at 6 minutes each at the start of the work out

---> again, she says it is circuit traing, which is found under cardio

---> yea it works but you will see more inches lost then you will pounds

---> as long as you have the drive, you can do anything. personally, 30DS kills my motivation. i can do any of her other work outs just fine, its only the shred that does it

Thanks Dez..... lol I think u are the only one that is answering back....lol
  • rinzainab
    Options

I've heard 10 days at each level. On day 6 I tried level two and it was more difficult, so I alternated 1 and 2 for the next few days. What ever you are comfortable with.

I have been doing cardio mostly for the past week or so, but I am am going to start 30DS again tomorrow.

I log Circuit training for 27 minutes, I include the warm up and cool down.

I did feel stronger in the 15 days that I did the shred, I lost 4 pounds, but it was four pounds I had put on a few weeks before while on vacation, could've been water weight, who knows. I have read posts on here about people only losing 4-5 lbs during the shred BUT getting leaner, losing inches and gaining muscle. This is why I want to start again. Sometimes it is hard to appreciate your own accomplishments. I will take measurements beforehand this go around.

You can definitely go more than 30 days. She also has Ripped in 30 and now Extreme Shed and Shred. I usually get the videos on itunes and use my computer or ipad to follow along. Her kettle bell work out is also good, Shred it with weights.

I'll friend request you as well. Look forward to shredding it!

Rachel
  • nadiaez
    nadiaez Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi there...I started 30ds a while back and got upto around 20 days and was really seeing results,but stopped when we moved home - really want to start it again - think I'll go for 10 days on each level depending on how i feel when I start it again, to be honest I didn't think level 2 was all that bad!

Then I think I will keep it up every couple of days and mix and match with other DVD's/plenty of walking

Friend request on its way - gonna start again today!
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your input! I woke up this afternoon with major calf and thigh pain, I am about to do day 2 of level 1 at in a half hour, 1pm EST. I weighed in this morning and weighed 173 lbs, so that's good! lol. I am so glad to have support in thins because this pain is unmotivating!
  • cmon288
    cmon288 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi, I tried starting at the beginning of this month bc I had been on a plateau for about a month. It was time to do something different. I could stick with it, but last night I told myself I was starting over. So, tonight will be day 2. I log mine as circuit training, but it's probably not accurate. Only way to be sure if to get a HRM (the one i want is a little over $100) I'm going to try to do it every day. I mean it's just 20 mins. I'm also doing the C25K program as well. If you search 30 day shred in the forum search engine, you can find pics of the results others have had. I'll let the pics speak to you, they sure enough spoke to me. I wish you success!
  • amsandin
    amsandin Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've actually been doing the 30 DS since July. I work full time and have a toddler so finding the time and right workout was very tough. I started doing the 30 DS in the mornings before I shower 4-5 times a week. In the first 30 days I lost 7 pounds and my clothes started feeling looser. After 60 Days I had lost15 lbs and gone down a pant size. I'm now 28 lbs down and 2 jean sizes. The normal way of doing it is 10 days on each level, but because it worked so well I just moved up when I felt ready. Now I alternate so I'm working all the different muscles every week. When I reach my weight goal (10 lbs to go) I plan on buying Ripped in 30 Days and really concentrate on toning, although I've had a lot of toning just from 30 DS. Good luck! Oh and their is a 30 DS group so you can join and have lots of people to talk about it with.
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I got the video I ordered last week yesterday!!!! I started level 1 today, I am so excited, but I have some questions.

And I need some friends to talk about this with so feel free to add me! :smile:

I am posting this here because I posted it in motivation and support and no one has answered back..... I kind of got bored posting to myself.

1) I did 10 days on each level. I always have a rest day on Saturday, not everyone takes a rest day.
    2) Log under circuit training (cardio)
    3) Yes it works! I lost 6 lbs and 6.5 inches. (I only measured waist, hips, arms &legs, I took better measurements before Ripped in 30)
    4) If you enjoy it, keep doing it. I started Ripped in 30 when I finished. I hear alot of people say after some time they do the 30 days again.

I am adding you now!
  • Estrella30
    Estrella30 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    ill be starting 30 DS as soon as it arrives! (sometime this week!) thanks for all the input! :)
  • aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Here is an emailed response to my question sent to the Jillian Michaels website:

Hello,
    Thank you for contacting customer support. The 30 day shred is intended to be used consecutively for 30 days doing each level for 10 days.I hope this helps!If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reply and let me know. If you prefer to speak to a live representative, you can always call us toll free at 1-866-348-9729, 9am-8pm EST, Monday through Friday.

Regards,

Stephanie L.
    Customer Service
    Jillian Michaels Online

I did it for over 30 days straight. It will help you lose inches for sure...maybe not pounds. That was the way it worked for me. The only real way to get an accurate count of calories burned is to have a heart rate monitor. Have fun with it! It will be a great workout.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You got great responses to your questions. I sent you a friend request. I started Level 2 today. Each level is supposed to be 10 days straight. I took a break after 8 days of Level 1 because I went away and when I went away I came back with some back pain. Waited until I felt better. I went 5 days in a row on Level 1 then switched to Level 2 today. I will do 10 consecutive days of Levels 2 and then Level 3 unless I injure myself again.
  • Fedup85
    Fedup85 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am starting the 30DS today!!! Wish me luck!!
  • chelseyyy90
    chelseyyy90 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred today and just finished day 1. I am looking forward to seeing the results at day 30! My arms feel like jello so i'm taking that as a good sign :) Feel free to add me.