Workout Music!

Options
EIEIannone
EIEIannone Posts: 59 Member
I know I'm not the only one that has to have music when I workout. So I'm curious to find out what other people like to listen to when they work out. What get you guys ramped up??

Replies

• clog86
    Options
    I like listening to some Mushroomhead, Hed (pe), Twiztid, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit and techno. Also other stuff from the heavy metal, hard rock and horrorcore genres!
  • chubiD
    chubiD Posts: 260
    Options
    Shakira is certainly one of my favorites. I also enjoy the "pop fitness" station on Pandora. And some salsa is great as well!
  • EIEIannone
    Options
    Clog 86- You are intense! Lol. Horrorcore is a new one for me!
  • StoryGirl9
    Options
    I actually don't listen to a ton of pop, but when working out I love it - Kelly Clarkson, Taio Cruz, Lady Gaga. I also enjoy some Pink and the Killers, a few Coldplay songs, some Gwen Stefani, Rihanna. It must be something about the beat.
  • EIEIannone
    Options
    I love Pink! And the Killers. :)

What I'm doing determines what I listen to. When I go running for distance, I like to listen to something energetic, but not heavy. Something like Blue Traveler, Hootie and the Blowfish, or Alanis Morrisette.

When I'm lifting I like rap because it makes me feel cocky. Lol. I need that extra confidence boost when I'm getting into my last sets to remind myself how sexy I'm gonna look. It never hurts to feel like a bad *kitten*. :-)

Then when I am stretching I like to calm down a little bit with Adele or someone similar.
  • jmlrh2
    jmlrh2 Posts: 10
    Options
    When I lift I like very heavy aggressive music. Hatebreed, devildriver, machine head, all that remains, and five finger death punch. When I'm doing cardio I'll listen to almost anything just to pass the time.
  • Brown_Eyed_Beauty
    Brown_Eyed_Beauty Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My music has to be up-beat so plenty of techno and faster pop, but I also like jazz and reggae as well. It's about the beat or the message of a song that gets me motivated. One of my fave songs is Big Mouth by Jesse James. Has a great message and beat.
  • cpar621
    Options
    Anything by Florence and The Machine! The drum beats are killer and her voice just makes me want to RUN! I listened to Florence and ONLY Florence for the entire length of my last half marathon.
  • EIEIannone
    Options
    13.1 baby! Woot! I'm very impressed. One of my goals is to run a half marathon. :)
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Anything with a beat, NOT including rap. I just cant listen to anything slow because it makes me wanna zonk out early. Mainly Gaga on my playlist. <3
  • mcosme25
    Options
    Thanks for the Florence and The Machine reccommendation! Good one. I think I found a new group to love!
  • LMHinson15
    LMHinson15 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I found this topic... but I'm hoping to get specific song recommendations. I'm redoing my playlists. I have a lot of ideas for general artists, but don't want to have to sort through all their albums to find the good songs.

So what's the best of the best? What are your favorite singles?
  • EIEIannone
    Options
    Well what kind of artists are you thinking of?

Here's one that I always like "Spiderwebs" by No Doubt.
  • LMHinson15
    Options
    I literally like everything. I've got everything from Aqua (yes, the group that sang the Barbie Girl song) to Kanye West to Katrina and the Waves to Ke$ha to OutKast... Michael Jackson... you name it!!

If it's got good energy... I like it for working out, even if it isn't something I'd listen too all the time. I want to know what everyone else's favorite "get moving" music is!
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    1) dancing with myself - billy idol
    2) every tear drop is a waterfall - coldplay
    3) I dont have anything - vast
    4) just like heaven - the cure
    5) summer of 69 - bryan adams
    6) just dance - lady gaga
    7) already gone - kelly clarkson
  • RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Hardstyle!!
  • LMHinson15
    Options
    1) dancing with myself - billy idol
    2) every tear drop is a waterfall - coldplay
    3) I dont have anything - vast
    4) just like heaven - the cure
    5) summer of 69 - bryan adams
    6) just dance - lady gaga
    7) already gone - kelly clarkson

I have a couple of those, but great suggestions! I'll check out the others! Thanks!
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    you're welcome! I was doing housework this weekend to "Set Fire to the Rain" by Adele.. my birds probably memorized the lyrics by now, lolol