Food for the Road

Options
gp79
gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
I have a 1250 mile drive, which I plan to do non-stop. I depart Friday at noon. I'm planning to hit the grocery store before I leave and buy my food for the trip. I was thinking of getting a loaf of bread, fresh ground almond butter and beef jerky. Any clever ideas? It cannot need to be refrigerated.

Replies

• radix89
    radix89 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    First I would like to say I think you're crazy :)

Second can you fit a little cooler in your car? You can buy precut carrots or baby carrots and celery and I don't like warm celery but the carrots would be ok. If you don't have room apples and oranges don't need to be refrigerated. Just peel/split a few oranges when you stop and you'll be good to go. Also cucumbers (yes eating them whole looks hilarious but it can be done). Most cheeses would also last for a few days, especially if you are driving through a cooler climate. If it's all southern driving it may not work so well. That's some of the stuff I take for long drives but I also shove a little cooler behind my seat.
  • Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    clever idea......get your head examined...lol 1250 miles nonstop is a bit crazy.
    however, can't go wrong with fruit, granola/protien bars, bottled water
  • mizzcase
    Options
    Nuts.. Very filling. Almonds are my favorite.