Cutting and Bulking

Options
Okay, so I've been reading a lot about calorie deficits and surpluses. I know you bulk on a surplus and cut on a deficit.

So now I'm trying to figure out how I should go about cutting and bulking. Should it be rotational? Should I bulk for a month then cut? Or should I wait longer? This is kinda confusing. Before I really started looking into this all there was to me was cardio and lifting. Lol.

Replies

• Zero2hero2013
    Options
    ok, first thing you need to decide is whether you are slim enough, if you think you are then bulk, do this for around 3 months, eating 300 calories more then maintenance+exercise
    after the 3 months you should end up heavier with more mass and fingers crossed only a little more fat, then you cut for upto 3 months to drop all the fat while trying your best to keep all the new gained muscle. rinse and repeat.
    hope this helps x
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above, only I don't think you need to go as high as 300 calories above maintenance. I would personally start closer to 100 over and keep track of things closely once a week or so. You can adjust up or down as needed.
  • xjamesrcaseboltx
    Options
    It really depends on your goals. Ease into you calorie surplus by adding more calories everyweek until you reach your target surplus. Bulk for a couple of months and see where you are and adjust accordingly. When it comes to fitness will always be adjusting and setting new goals.