Who are you wearing & other Oscars Talk !!!!

Options
Oscars are here. Can we talk?

The Clothes:

Best part is the red carpet of course. Love seeing the fashions and "Who are you wearing?"

Drama:

Brad, Angelina, Jennifer, John will all be there. How awkward is that!!!! I betcha the director is already planning his sequence of camera shots. (Don't know what Jen sees in John, what a player.)

The Real Drama:

Only saw Ben Button. I can take it or leave it. Liked the aging/younger plot line. Reminded me of F.Gump though. The female characters are just ridiculous. Daisy was so snobbish.

Haven't see S.Millionaire. Plan too after this wkend.

Replies

• heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Oscars are here. Can we talk?

The Clothes:

Best part is the red carpet of course. Love seeing the fashions and "Who are you wearing?"

Drama:

Brad, Angelina, Jennifer, John will all be there. How awkward is that!!!! I betcha the director is already planning his sequence of camera shots. (Don't know what Jen sees in John, what a player.)

The Real Drama:

Only saw Ben Button. I can take it or leave it. Liked the aging/younger plot line. Reminded me of F.Gump though. The female characters are just ridiculous. Daisy was so snobbish.

Haven't see S.Millionaire. Plan too after this wkend.
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I dont watch TV really at all except to watch LOST and Survivor... so I dont even know what the oscars are on... can you let me know .. have i missed them? I actually love watching the red carpet stuff too all the dresses...so purdy!!! I would love to dress up in some of those beautiful outfits!!
    I heard that hugh Jackman is hosting and he plans on showing up drunk n naked LOL that i would love to see hahaha
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I don't know about Brad and Angelina, but I'm wearing a lovely green top by Fruit of the Loom and blue bottoms by Old Navy.

They've got nothing on my Gym Style! :laugh:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Have you read the short story that the Benjamin Button movie is based on? It's like, 10 pages long. How did they make it into a 3 hour movie? :laugh: In any case, I do want to see it eventually because I liked the story.
  • heal4444
    Options
    No, I didn't know Ben Button was based on 10 pgs.

You know what's funny. I had no idea it was going to be a long movie.

I thought the usual 90 mins or 110 mins movie. I drank a lot of water. and I kept wating for the movie to end!! Torture!! So funny :laugh:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    No, I didn't know Ben Button was based on 10 pgs.

You know what's funny. I had no idea it was going to be a long movie.

I thought the usual 90 mins or 110 mins movie. I drank a lot of water. and I kept wating for the movie to end!! Torture!! So funny :laugh:

Yea it's by F. Scott Fitzgerald, the same guy who wrote the Great Gatsby. I think he just writes females like that.

LOL I wouldn't have made it through the movie!! I already can barely make it through the normal ones:tongue:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I am hoping Mickey Rourke gets best actor...The Wresteler was awesome....Mickey is 56 and ripped hard.. very motivating..I hope he wasnt using HGH in real life like he did in the movie
  • heal4444
    Options
    Curse that Ben Button movie for torturing my bladder like that!! I hope it wins zero Oscars!! :laugh:

( just kidding. just kidding.)

( really F.S.Fitzgerald. Not thrilled with his portrayal of females.)
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Curse that Ben Button movie for torturing my bladder like that!! I hope it wins zero Oscars!! :laugh:

( just kidding. just kidding.)

( really F.S.Fitzgerald. Not thrilled with his portrayal of females.)

Haha yea, those famous dead literaries seemed like a bunch of woman-haters. Never read Hemingway! :tongue:
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Read James Joyce..he loved women...read Molly Bloom's "yes" solliloquy (spelling?) from Ulysses :heart:
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Seriously though...anyone for slumdog...I couldn't help liking it.