Don't you just love...

Options
the things that MFP has taught us?

I just caught myself relishing every bite of the simplest treat, a slice of nice white bread with lemon garlic hummus. It was simple, yet everything I wanted.

This was after I'd stopped in at the convenience store on the way home from the gym (!) and bypassed all the big chocolate bars and icecreams (!!) to choose only a frozen juice bar and one (!!!) mini chocolate egg. I didn't feel like I was denying myself or anything, I just knew that that was all I needed right now.

These last few months when I've been on here every day have really showed me just how much of a habit this is becoming. I automatically hunt for a lower-cal version of things. I feel like I enjoy my food more because I've accounted for it and I know what I can "afford", and so I slow down and enjoy every mouthful. I look forward to the gym because I feel more alive after I've been there.

I even caught myself thinking I'd be lost without MFP, but then realised that thanks to MFP, I'd probably make better choices and have a rough idea of my eating pattern for the day anyway. MFP is teaching us how to do it for ourselves.

Here's to a whole new mindset! I love it!

Replies

• winter_vixen
    winter_vixen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I completely agree! This mindset is fantastic.

I think the thing that's helped the most is the fact that there is such a massive support group available here! I don't have many people in person who would encourage me getting healthy, some even scorn me and tell me it's stupid to "try to get healthy in this day and age".

Thankyou MFP! ♥