Subway Question

zbmb30
zbmb30 Posts: 177 Member
I will probably get Subway today for lunch. I usually get the oven roasted chicken sandwich on wheat, but I figured I would try something different today. Does anyone like the veggie delight? I thought about trying that, but I didn't know if it sticks with you long or not. If someone could give me some info, it would greatly be appreciated :smile:

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    I would go to their own website and look at the nutritional info. to find your "best" sub.

I personally HATE the veggie delight because it is nothing but carbs and sodium. I like to have protein and fat along with carbs at every meal. That's just my preference, though.

Also, one interesting thing about Subway that I found on their own website...the Italian bread has the same amount of fiber as the wheat bread, only it is lower in sugar and lower in total calories. I was shocked because you assume wheat is better, but in this case it really isn't unless slightly more calories and sugar doesn't matter to you.

I personally like the Club sandwich with provolone cheese and no condiments. I add tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, and black olives. It does have a good bit of sodium, but most things at Subway do. If you have some extra water that day, it shouldn't affect you too much I would imagine.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    I know they have a list of low calories subs printed on their cups - I just ate there yesterday. I opted for a 6" BMT which was sadly not on the list.

I have had the veggie sub with cheese before and did like it and it kept me full for quite a while.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    i have never had the veggie delight but my bf seems to love it as he doesn't eat meat. i am not a fan of subway as when i have the 6", i am still hungry at the end and the foot long is too large. i always end up getting a chocolate cookie as well when i go there so i try and avoid it if i can.
  • zbmb30
    Thanks for all of your all's advice!
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    I personally love the veggie delight sandwich.,I am not big on subway's meat and the thought of it sitting out all day.
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    When I eat the veggie delight, I'm hungry within a few hours.
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    I always get the veggie delite (I'm a vegetarian) just load it up with every veggie you can :) I think it keeps me full for a while but I think that works for me with just bread in general! Good luck hope you find something good!
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Sorry, I get the footlong meatball - ouch... FULLY LOADED! But only on "free days"...lol

But on regular days the 6 inch fully loaded with veggie chicken teriyaki on toasted honey oat is fabulous!

Never had the veggie only delight - gotta have MEAT!
    The LORD wants us all to eat meat; that;s why He made animals out of meat...haha
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    I always get the turkey melt on wheat with pepperjack cheese, light mayo, and veggies. Around 380 calories so it fits in nice. I "fit this in" at least once or twice a week....lol.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    I know they have a list of low calories subs printed on their cups - I just ate there yesterday. I opted for a 6" BMT which was sadly not on the list.

I have had the veggie sub with cheese before and did like it and it kept me full for quite a while.

Wow, the BMT is worse than most burgers at burger joints. It is full of fat, and sodium. I think I have seen the info on it before and it is worse than the cold cut sub.
  • leeanndelcourt
    leeanndelcourt Posts: 28 Member
    I ONLY eat the veggie delight :) and I skip the cheese. I do all the veggies and spicy mustard. The meats and cheeses are completely processed and gross ......can't even put them in my mouth. eewwww.
  • Bu p
  • The subs are great.
    If you want to lose fat though eat all the sub apart from the bread - that carb puts it on your sticky stomach.

Admittedly they are superb.

I like the italian BMT with brown sauce.

Don't Panmic and ~Carry on!!!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    I tried a salad there the other day, and I didnt miss the bread at all! I added the oven roasted chicken breast, then all my fave veggies and they have packets of light dressing! mmmmm! and it was FILLING!
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    consider that the veggie delight is the same price as the chicken.... I would get the meat. You can't get enough protein in my opinion. But if you want to change things up, GET THE SALAD, NOT the sandwich.
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    I like the club :) my BF was is vegetarian alsways gets extra cheese on the veggie delight so not feel so hungry and add a little more protien
  • zbmb30
    Thank you everyone! I might just get the salad option. I try to not eat much bread at lunch, just try to keep it veggies, fruit, and like grilled chicken.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    The majority of calories on the healthy subway subs come from the massive slices of tasty bread. If you're trying to lose weight, all those carbs aren't good unless you just seriously kicked some butt at the gym. I wonder, is the flat bread lower in calories than the wheat bread or are they the same?
  • MrsJackieH
    MrsJackieH Posts: 151 Member
    I really liek their veggie delight and i also really like there turkey on wheat. those are the 2 i always opt for.
  • Jessica2Skinny
    Jessica2Skinny Posts: 118 Member
    I get the veggie delight EVERYTIME i go there. Get the wheat bread, toasted (mozzeralla if you want, but note it is extra calories), all the veggies they have, HOT SAUCE and red wine vinegar - OH MY GOODNESS -- YUMMY!. I eat that all the time and it def. helps me lose weight and I dont have much to lose anymore... so it must be a good choice.