Calories help needed.....asap

Options
Sepa
Sepa Posts: 243 Member
Hi all. I am going out to a work Christmas meal tonight at the restaurant ASK. The dish I am hoping to eat is Spaghetti Al Pomodoro. I have tried looking up the calorie amount but can't seem to find it anywhere. I can't just eat any dish as I have a wheat allergy so am limited to my choices. Does anyone have a rough idea as to how many calories this may be in this dish. There is calorie amounts on this database for al pomodoro but not at this resturant.

Any help will be much appreciated :happy: Thank you in advance for your help

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Unless you only eat at chain restaurants, you will never find meals listed for everywhere you eat. Use a similar dish from another restaurant and go with that. Alternatively, you can find a recipe for it and log it in by ingredient, that way you know if you eat 2 cups of cooked pasta what the calorie count would be.

Also, if you have a wheat allergy wouldn't spaghetti be off limits?
  • Sepa
    Sepa Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    The restaurant is a chain in the uk. I called them earlier and they use gluten free spaghetti in some of their recipes so I should be fine with it. If not it's a good excuse to leave the meal early. The people who I'm going with are very work orintated!! Lol
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    If they have nutrition info available on their website, you can plan ahead. But otherwise I agree w/ pp that said pick the same or a very similar dish from another restaurant and log it as basically the best estimate you're going to get. I've had to do the same when eating at restaurants that don't provide nutritional info. It's not exact, but a halfway decent estimate is better than none at all. :-)