WHAT HAS HELPED YOU

Options
2»

Replies

• chriscoates7025
    chriscoates7025 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Other than morning coffee, I do not drink ANYTHING with any calories in it. Also, I have replaced my dinner carbs (Potato, pasta, rice) with raw carrots and celery.
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Learning what foods are good and which are bad.
    I found out that most are BAD!!! No wonder everyone is overweight!
  • thecrossfitter
    thecrossfitter Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I stopped making excuses. Ever. Only I can decide what I eat- no one else. I don't skip my workouts. Period. All in the state of the mind.
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Keeping track of what I eat and when I exercise. Getting a routine.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    logging even when I have bad days.

and checking nutrition facts here on my splurge days before ordering then I change what I was going to order and eat less of it.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    The will for improvement. I feel I always try to make things better each time so that helps me to keep going..

Also I must add:

My very helpful and very very motivating and encouraging MFP friends. I honestly feel without them I would be stuck 20 something pounds heavier or even more. They have inspired me and there are specifically a certain few who I give much credit to for my "improvements" and "successes" :)
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Realizing that I can still have all the foods I love, I just can't have all of them all the time.
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Logging!!! And the accountability to my MFP friends on here has really helped. I am fortunate to have great friends that give it to me straight...no fluff. It keeps me inline.
  • serena221
    serena221 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    consciousness of what my dietary NEEDS were, breaking up with comfort food (and finding the gym to give me that comfort lol), WATER, getting off my butt and support from friends who give it to me straight.
  • Zen_Master_B
    Options
    I didn't have MFP and support when I lost my first 80 and it was easy at first but tough to stick with in the down times. It is funny, you would think I was mental or something but I had sticky notes everywhere telling me what was right and wrong so when I was down I could remind myself what I had accomplished and why I would be stupid to give up now. In the bathroom, on the fridge, in my room & even in my wallet(if I was out and thinking of buying junk food).

I would also urge anyone interested in fitness and nutrition to hit up the library and watch all the documentaries(some better than others) they can, knowledge is power. That helped a lot when I didn't have other people to guide me in the right direction.
  • vannie18
    Options
    Learning that I don't have to starve myself to lose weight, learning to make healthy choices x

This^
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Portion control & keeping track, whether it was through WW or MFP. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Exercise!!! That is without a doubt the #1 most important thing for me because I simply can't eat few enough calories to lose without it and not feel hungry most of the time.
  • coachkathrynw
    coachkathrynw Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Because I always been good about exercising (I actually like it), for me tracking my food and cutting out sweets. I had a sweet tooth and that was my downfall. A friend turned me onto a super healthy all natural choclate shake that curbed my sweet tooth and helped me lose weight.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Realizing that I don't have to be perfect. I don't have to have a perfect calorie or exercise week, so long as it's consistent most of the time.