Has anyone tried....?

TJCOMER02
TJCOMER02 Posts: 9
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Has anyone tried the Acai Berry or Colon Cleanse prouducts? If so, what were ur results & do u recommend them?

Replies

• Has anyone tried the Acai Berry or Colon Cleanse prouducts? If so, what were ur results & do u recommend them?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    I never recommend a colon cleanse. You can search colon cleanse here on MFP and see my responses, but here's why in a nutshell:

-The colon is lubricated and constantly contracting in a wavelike manner, pushing fecal matter out.
    -There are important bacteria located in your colon that help with digestion, and flushing them away obviously impedes their performance.
    -Most of your immune system is located in your colon. Interfering with nutrient absorption there only depresses immune function.
    -Diarrhea caused by most cleanses irritates the lining of the colon by flushing away the protective mucous. That mucous is the only thing preventing your intestines from being digested by the hydrochloric acid in the foodstuffs. You want to keep it where it is.
    -Diarrhea also leads to dehydration.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Not all cleanses cause diarrhea. Heel makes a good cleanse that is very gentle for first time cleansers. It involves putting 3 different types of drops in water and drinking it. Thisilyn makes a good one that works a bit deeper than Heel's and it is all capsules that you take.

A cleanse does not need to be that harsh on your system to work. I have looked for cleanses that work on more than just the colon though. Chances are if you have junk in your colon....you have it elsewhere too.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Not all cleanses cause diarrhea. Heel makes a good cleanse that is very gentle for first time cleansers. It involves putting 3 different types of drops in water and drinking it. Thisilyn makes a good one that works a bit deeper than Heel's and it is all capsules that you take.

A cleanse does not need to be that harsh on your system to work. I have looked for cleanses that work on more than just the colon though. Chances are if you have junk in your colon....you have it elsewhere too.

There isn't 'junk' in your colon. There is partially-digested food traveling through your small and large intestine being thoroughly mixed so nutrients can be absorbed. By the time it hits your rectum, almost all the nutrients have been absorbed along with most of the water. What you excrete is a mixture of dead cells, bilirubin (this is from RBC's and makes it brown hehe), fat, and undigested fiber.

Also, just FYI, the little bit that does stick around in your cecum is where all the good bacteria is produced. Why would you want to get rid of that? :huh:
  • jennib06
    jennib06 Posts: 101 Member
    I ordered the acai berry free trial from online, and it was a huge scam. They took money from my account and then I could not reach them in any way to cancel my order.

If you search it online, you will find that the svme thing happened to thousands of others. Just be cautious who you give your credit card number too.

Hope this helps some!
    Jen
  • havingitall
    I guess we can agree to disagree on this. I know when I have done cleanses, my skin is better, I have more energy and I lose sugar cravings. Those are all true benefits to me. That was when I was not eating well. When I first changed my diet to be much more healthy, I did a cleanse then too. It made me feel like I was prepping myself for the change

Now, because I eat fruits, veggies, whole grains and lean meats and I have pretty much dumped the processed stuff unless the label passes some serious scrutiny, I do not feel the need for a cleanse. My skin is better already, I have more energy and I don't crave sugar at all.
  • havingitall
    I ordered the acai berry free trial from online, and it was a huge scam. They took money from my account and then I could not reach them in any way to cancel my order.

If you search it online, you will find that the svme thing happened to thousands of others. Just be cautious who you give your credit card number too.

Hope this helps some!
    Jen

Why would you have to give a credit card if it is "free"?
  • jennib06
    jennib06 Posts: 101 Member
    The product is "free" but they bill you for shipping...it was my debit card...and a disaster to get fixed. If you order the product, purchase it directly from a store, do not do it online. Seriously everyone that ordered it ofline got totally scammed, there is even another thread about it on here. I posted it a while back as a warning and tons of people replied with the same thing.
This discussion has been closed.