BUMMED

Options
I weighed in and I've gained 2 pounds since last week. I admit I wasn't as active as I should have been and I overindulged on Sunday at a family gathering, but I was in deficit 4 days out of 7 (I didn't feel good and didn't eat much). I know I need to eat all my calories most of the time, but I would have thought that just a day or two of going under would cause my metabolism to shut off. I'm so bummed. Any advice or just words of encouragement would be appreciated.

Replies

• julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    It could easily just be water retention from sodium if you were eating differently. I wouldnt be upset...just move past it and keep going! :).
  • Kris10can
    Options
    I am in the same boat.....grrrr!! It is frustrating!
  • martyv73
    martyv73 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It is frustrating, but your weight can fluctuate with sodium intake and it will come off in weeks to come. Take it one day at a time and everything will be ok. Just reflect on how well you've done so far and know that you can do it. Chin up.
  • kissoffools
    Options
    Chances are, it's water weight. You'd have to eat a LOT of calories (I can't remember the exact number) over your maintenance to put on two pounds of fat. So unless you really overindulged on Sunday, I can't see that happening. It's probably any extra sodium holding onto that water. Drink lots of water, get back on track, and weigh yourself again in a couple of days. Everyone fluctuates, and sometimes those fluctuations happen just when we need to get on the scale.

Chin up! :)
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Chances are, it's water weight. You'd have to eat a LOT of calories (I can't remember the exact number) over your maintenance to put on two pounds of fat. So unless you really overindulged on Sunday, I can't see that happening. It's probably any extra sodium holding onto that water. Drink lots of water, get back on track, and weigh yourself again in a couple of days. Everyone fluctuates, and sometimes those fluctuations happen just when we need to get on the scale.

You'd have to eat 7000 calories over your weekly maintenance to gain 2 actual pounds. Most likely you're retaining a bit of water. Keep on track and it'll go away.
  • kissoffools
    Options

You'd have to eat 7000 calories over your weekly maintenance to gain 2 actual pounds. Most likely you're retaining a bit of water. Keep on track and it'll go away.

Thanks! I can never remember the actual numbers that turn calories into fat, I just remember that they're high. :p
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I've had a mental few weeks food wise and gained what appeared to be 6-7lbs in 3 weeks of slacking. I had one good day yesterday and drunk LOADS of water, got on the scales this moring and I'd dropped 3lbs over night. So I'm sure it's just water, could also be TOM? x
  • jovz10
    jovz10 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    remember also that a 8oz of water weighs about half a pound...
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Thanks Y'all...you're sooooo much nicer than some people on other sites (I won't mention names, WW) :love: