New Here....let's keep with it this time

Options
Good morning! 47 yr old Chicagoan now living out of hotels in NYC each week as career requires (and that means eating out 4 days a week. Quit smoking and BALLOONED. Yikes! Need to loose 50 lb in order to compete with the kids at work:) Have tried all the "no carb, blah blah....just seem to put 2 lbs back on for every 1 lb I loose. Friend at work is having success with MFP. Looking for any support. I think having to be accountable daily is the key. Look forward to keeping up.
Jeff

Replies

• lisabell118
    lisabell118 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi ! Welcome to MFP. The support and encouragement on this site is amazing. Hearing everyone's stories how much they have lost is very inspiring. I haven't lost alot - I am new to this as well but it's helping me stay focused this time. Feel free to add me if you would like:)
  • cotso
    cotso Posts: 86
    Options
    Hey man, you've come to the right place!
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    Hello and yes this is a great place to begin. NYC has soooo many yummy not so good for you places to indulge in tasty waist expanding foods... BUT it also is one of the best places to find whole foods. Do some searching and you will find a plethera of sensible dinning out options. Feel free to add me friend
  • briannw
    briannw Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Go get 'em Jeff... we'll be dancing around those kids in no time
  • MrsDrake678
    MrsDrake678 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too but so far loving it! It helps so much logging my food and the fact that I make my food diary public to friends makes me really think about what I'm going to put in my mouth. The support I'm getting from people that I've never met is so helpful. Everyone is rooting for you to succeed and when you have an off day...they are there to pick you up! Feel free to add me if you'd like.