Start the New Year off right... Jamie Eason's 12 week progar

Options
So I spent the last two years focusing on cardio as my weightloss tool... but that is going to change in 2012!!!

I am going to work on weight training!!!! But if I am going to do that I need a plan of action!? Well Bodybuilding.com has the Jamie Eason's LiveFit 12 week program. That is all the help that I need, it has the exercises planned out and a nutrition plan as well. You can chose to do both the weights and nutrition or just the weights depending on your situation (with my life the nutrition might be challenging as I am a single mother, student, and full time employee).

This is from Bodybuilding.com:
Who's this program for? Anyone of any age, of any sex, and from any walk of life. Including you. It'll produce great results and lead to lasting success for everyone. You're all starting from a unique place; no one has perfectly matched genetics, metabolism, hormones and lifestyles. But the beauty of this program is that you start at your own level and work at your own pace. Everyone's body is different, but the same training, diet and supplement principles work for nearly everyone.

3-LiveFit Phases
Phase One
Start Your Transformation With Weight Training And Clean Eating!
Phase Two
Add Cardio And Cut Carbs To Sculpt Your Muscle And Burn Body Fat!
Phase Three
HIIT Training, Carb-Cycling, Super-Setting — And Your Brand New Body!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-introduction.html

WHO WANTS TO JOIN ME IN THIS CHALLENGE?

Replies

• fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I think I need to do this with you. Whats the game plan(ie checks in's, what you want us to post)?
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I'm joining you!! I have been researching her program for a few weeks now and I feel like I've got my mind right and I'm ready to do it.
    Did you watch her Phase 1 video? I'm amazed that there is no cardio and no calorie counting. That makes me a little nervous but she knows her stuff so I trust her!
    When exactly in January are you starting? I'm aiming for the 2nd, assuming I can go shopping and prepare all my meals during this crazy time. It's going to take some planning but we can do it!!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Ok, well I need something to work towards for the new year. I've been on MFP since April 2011 and my original goal was to lose 70 pounds. I've hit a plateau at 40 pounds, and been hanging out here for about 3 months now. I'm so done with that and I definately need something to push me through to the next level.

I just set up my profile on bodybuilding.com - I'm teresag on there. So any peeps that are also going to do this, feel free to add me!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I know that it will take work, but we can get it done! :bigsmile:

I plan on having it set up where you can chose the days you do the program, for example phase one is four days lifting and three days resting. You get to decide which four days you lift and which three days you rest. The only catch is that you have the seven days (Sunday through Saturday) to get the week in and you must stay on track. So on Sunday the 1st everyone will pick which four days they are lifting and "report" in on those days. That will continue each week. Once we are in Phase two and three, you will report each day even if it is just to say "rest day" :wink:

I figure that we can take measurements and weighin on the 31st so that we can track our progress over the program. We can update that progress after each phase and have a total. I don't know if I will do a spreadsheet, google doc, or let everyone post to the thread their progress.

This thread will be for several purposes:
    1) encourage and motive each other :drinker:
    2) share your thoughts and fears stregnths :noway:
    3) share your stregnths or weaknesses while going through the program :glasses:
    4) provide helpful tidbits to make the program better/easier for everyone :flowerforyou:
    5) TO IMPROVE YOUR OVERALL FITNESS LEVEL :love:
  • Bheller234
    Options
    I would like to try this. I like the idea of it. I'll be keeping up with it!
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    Look at what motivation we have:
    I saw on facebook that there will be a contest in January so maybe you want to compete for the prize.
    Jamie said:
    "So, a little birdie told me that come January, Bodybuilding.com will be launching a transformation contest using the LiveFit Trainer to win a rather massive prize, somewhere in the ball park of 100K!! I do not know the details of the contest yet but I do know that if you have done the program already, its time to fatten up a bit, so that you can create a new before & after (proof will be required). With such amazing traffic to the site, they are excited to re-launch it for the new year."

**** After Christmas I will make a GROUP for everyone that is starting in the new year ****
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    Ok, well I need something to work towards for the new year. I've been on MFP since April 2011 and my original goal was to lose 70 pounds. I've hit a plateau at 40 pounds, and been hanging out here for about 3 months now. I'm so done with that and I definately need something to push me through to the next level.

I just set up my profile on bodybuilding.com - I'm teresag on there. So any peeps that are also going to do this, feel free to add me!

Great idea! I set up a profile too... find me here: http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/carrriebear/
  • nellie_88
    nellie_88 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    BUMP I was looking at this plan the other day, I may do it.
  • kylesmom94
    kylesmom94 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think I would like to join you...I joined bodybuilding.com already last week and am getting serious January 1.
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Can you use her plan if you don't have a gym membership?
  • dancer4life627
    dancer4life627 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just ran across this through another message board I was reading and I'm really interested!! The only thing is I would doing everything from home because I don't have a gym membership, do you think that would work?!
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    Can you use her plan if you don't have a gym membership?
    The only thing is I would doing everything from home because I don't have a gym membership, do you think that would work?!

I welcome anyone that wants to join!!!

But I don't know how much you could do at home... I recommend that you look over the plan and see the workouts. I am pretty sure that many use weight machines :grumble: I had hoped to be able to do it at home most days but I didn't think that I could.
  • dancer4life627
    dancer4life627 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Oh darn! The only day I would seem to have a problem with is the legs & calves day. I have pretty much all the other equiptment needed. I guess I will have to see what I can do before January!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it at home, I can make most of the days work, but yeah legs and calves is a little difficult. I'm currently on day 18, enjoying it so far - but I am supplementing with other exercise, mostly dog walking (I have no choice in that :wink: ) and I definitely feel stronger and tighter!
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    I'm doing it at home, I can make most of the days work, but yeah legs and calves is a little difficult. I'm currently on day 18, enjoying it so far - but I am supplementing with other exercise, mostly dog walking (I have no choice in that :wink: ) and I definitely feel stronger and tighter!

Thanks Pookylou!!! :bigsmile:
  • RebelRN04
    Options
    I am in...bodybuilding name is same as here RebelRN04!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I did this. First 12 week program I ever did. Good luck! :smile:
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    I did this. First 12 week program I ever did. Good luck! :smile:

Thanks Mayra.... will you share your results?
  • Galletakek
    Options
    Jamie FTW! as long as you follow to the program :) it works and you will have that body you always wanted ~.^" they have groups on facebook you can join. they made one for ppl starting in the new year.
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    Alright... tonight I will make a group!!! :bigsmile:

I will start a topic for each week/phase, does anyone have a suggestion of which? If we do weekly then there will be 12 threads by the time we are done or by phase is only 3 but there would be alot in those. Let me know what you want.

Plus we can have a thread for recipes since sometimes figuring out how to eat what you are suppose to (clean) is hard/tricky. We can have a topic for general questions or one that will have a weekly weighin and measurement check.

Let me know what you prefer and we can always add topics or let existing topics dye :wink:

I am soooo excited to start in a week and a half!!!