It wasn't worth it

Options
I just had one my favorite saturday mornings. I caught an early girly flick at the local movie theatre...I like to go early so I still have my whole day ahead of me when I get out. I decided I'd have a pretzel & diet soda as part of my treat, knowing full well it would be a lot of a calories. I could figure them into my day and it would be alright.

However, the pretzel was crap. I had envision this really good new york style vendor pretzel. Dark golden brown on the outside, perfect chewiness on the inside. But what I got was something completely different. It was a sickly yellow....like it had way too much butter. And the flavor, well....not at all what i wanted. But, stupidly, I still ate the whole thing! I thinking along the lines of "I paid $4.50 for this damn pretzel, so I will eat it!"

So...what ever happened to old fashioned soft pretzels? I would have gladly scarified nearly 450 calories for one of those. But not for what I got.

Replies

• mutkin
    mutkin Posts: 109
    Options
    I just had one my favorite saturday mornings. I caught an early girly flick at the local movie theatre...I like to go early so I still have my whole day ahead of me when I get out. I decided I'd have a pretzel & diet soda as part of my treat, knowing full well it would be a lot of a calories. I could figure them into my day and it would be alright.

However, the pretzel was crap. I had envision this really good new york style vendor pretzel. Dark golden brown on the outside, perfect chewiness on the inside. But what I got was something completely different. It was a sickly yellow....like it had way too much butter. And the flavor, well....not at all what i wanted. But, stupidly, I still ate the whole thing! I thinking along the lines of "I paid $4.50 for this damn pretzel, so I will eat it!"

So...what ever happened to old fashioned soft pretzels? I would have gladly scarified nearly 450 calories for one of those. But not for what I got.
  • jeffwyeg
    jeffwyeg Posts: 105
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean...sometimes things just don't live up to the hype...ha ha!

It's the same reason I've been avoiding McDonalds...I've been so tempted to grab my favourite: Quarter-Pounder with Cheese & Fries and then just eat salad the rest of the day, or hit the gym to burn some of it off. However, I know darn well that I'm just going to be disappointed by it.

Instead, I'll just hold off and eat some carrot sticks to get me through...ha ha!

145844.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    It's good to know what you don't want to do again.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Too funny, I just went thru that today with french fries. Didn't realize the calories they were.. even a small fry... and they just weren't worth it. Hard to believe that since I was a french fry-a-holic 2 months ago.
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Yep, had the same experience yesterday, with a Malteaser Bunny. I love Malteasers, love the Celebrations version and thought this bunny would be like that. Hell no. It had a sort of low quality truffley texture thing inside and the odd crunchy bobble. Won't be doing that again. Thankfully, it was only 155 calories, but I was still miffed.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I love Auntie Annie's pretzels in the mall. We don't have them by us so there is not much temptation. As for the movie theatre. Aren't theirs just frozen & heated? I don't even like movie popcorn anymore. It tastes like styrofoam with salt. I love popcorn at home in the whirlypop!