Les Mills Body PUMP - Let's Do It - At-Home!

Options
Les Mills and Beachbody just announced that they have partnered to bring the Body Pump program to DVDs for at-home exercisers. Is anyone planning to do this? If so, I'd like to start a Challenge group where we can support and motivate each other.

The program looks awesome! And it includes the barbell and weight plates! Very cool!

Replies

• kimberly5kim
    Options
    Body Pump is my favorite, that is the class I take twice a week and Maplewood's Fitness Center. Love it and get's you buff.
  • Ruthaw1961
    Ruthaw1961 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I wonder if Les Mills Pump is a scaled down version of the live classes? It is a great workout but there is a lot of potential for injury if you do not concentrate on proper form. I guess the potential for injury is there for any workout...From what I understand, there will also be an invitation to attend a live Les Mills Body Pump class locally. I highly reccommend taking advantage and see how much energy is in a room with 50+ people lifting bars in unison and the music pumping. Really gets you going! No, I am not a Les Mills employee or instructor but attend many Les Mills classes and absolutely love them!
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Oops I clicked on this thinking it was to do with Colonic Irrigation at home.

My bad! :devil:
  • cathyAprice
    Options
    great new fitness program added by Beachbody for those of us that like to work out at home!
  • rinzainab
    Options
    I've never done a body pump class but always hear good things about them! I don't belong to a gym and the base doesn't have body pump classes. I will look into this DVD! Thanks!

Oh and I would love to join a challenge!
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    There is always room for injury with any type of at home workout. Have you ever tried Insanity, Asylum or P90X?? Boy, there is tons of room for injury there! I am sure these instructors will be very good at expalining the right form. I hope it isn't a down graded version of the live one! Knowing Beachbody, they will make it harder! LOL!! What a great combination! My BFF is a teacher for Les Mills....they are all great classes! All I say is bring on Body Attack for at home use!! That is a great class!!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Looks like my wife and I are starting it on January 16th. Anyone looking to join an accountability group let me know.
  • drbaska
    drbaska Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I've never done a body pump class but always hear good things about them! I don't belong to a gym and the base doesn't have body pump classes. I will look into this DVD! Thanks!

Oh and I would love to join a challenge!

PUMP is not available until Dec 22! I have sent you a message with a link to a video that shows more details about the program. There will be nothing scaled down about it - Beachbody doesn't do anything half way, and I know Les Mills wouldn't put their name on it if it wasn't top of the line!

I will start a group page for those of you who want to join in this challenge!
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Pump is now available!
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Just curious - what does this cost? I imagine the shipping is a lot since it includes the weights. Fortunately I have a free gym membership and do pump twice a week. I love it and would consider buying the home version for this time of year or in the coming months when the weather is bad and it's hard to drive to the gym.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    $165.85 for the base kit and it only costs $13.68 for shipping to Philly.
  • drbaska
    drbaska Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Just curious - what does this cost? I imagine the shipping is a lot since it includes the weights. Fortunately I have a free gym membership and do pump twice a week. I love it and would consider buying the home version for this time of year or in the coming months when the weather is bad and it's hard to drive to the gym.

Yes, Amy, it is nice to have an at-home option for when you don't, or can't, get to the gym. The PUMP workout program is awesome!!! YOu won't be sorry if you get it!