It's okay to choose favorites ;)

Options
What are your favorite ways to exercise, whether it be conventional (treadmill, p90x, strength training etc.) or unconventional [per se] (doing squats while waiting in line somewhere, running around the grocery store to get your items etc.)?

My absolute favrotie ways to exercise are yoga, pilates, Jillian Michael's (lol), various Comcast On-Demand Ex. TV shows, walking (outside or treadmill), and speed shopping haha!

I'm sure this was asked before, I just thought it would be cool to have a refresher and see what interesting things we can all share with each other! I'm always up for new ways of doing things, ESPECIALLY exercise! I love to switch it up and then go back to my "regulars". So, what are yours?

Replies

• Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I think I'm beginning to like Running. So long as my leg doesn't bother me, but I believe that's getting better. I like exercise in general really, which is making it difficult for me to pick a favorite.
  • SapphireJade
    Options
    i like my hula hooping now it dont hurt (since i have a 10lb sport hoop) i also like my tread mill and my stationary bike in winter and walking out side in the summer, i have also been doing alot of wii fitness games, 30 day shred, along with zumba, i some times feel like i am lazy when i say home and do the at home exercising instead of heading to the gym i find i spend more time in the gym then i do when i do the at home exercises but then it also depends upon the day at how much i do and how active i am.

i wish i could run, i have been slowly working on getting my knee strong enough
  • abracasqueak
    Options
    Oh! Zumba sounds so much fun! I don't have a wii, but I have a PlayStation 3. If I were to get the move for my ps3, I wonder if that would be as good as a class...
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    When my gym did renovations, they put the rowing machine near the entrance door. That was fun !
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Elliptical all the way. I like to be able to watch movies or read books on my tablet while doing it and the ones at my gym have a ledge to put it on.
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    duplicate post
  • I love swimming!
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    Stationary Bike
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I was a running fanatic, but now that I am training for a triathlon, I don't know which of the three things I like the best...I love running, cycling AND swimming...right now I might be leaning more toward cycling or swimming though.
  • BeesKnees181
    BeesKnees181 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Running (preferably outside), cross country skiing, hiking, and rowing. SOOOOO much fun!
  • jmvane15
    Options
    conventional definitely. I use a treadmill. I don't think I've ever just done squats while waiting in line at wal mart.
  • mom2boy33
    Options
    My favorite right now is Insanity and hip hop abs. It is something different and he gets out of breath too so I really enjoy that. My back up is belly dancing. So much fun and you don't realize how much you sweat, if you have a good instructor.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    anything that involves my dog (hiking, running, training, canoeing...)

edit: just started in learning mode at a CrossFit gym. so far i really like it, but it feels weird to not have my dog there....
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    running outdoors with my dog. perferably without pushing the kids in the stroller.

playing at the park with the kids.

lifting with hubby.

going to try kettlebells when my knee is figured out.

horseback riding back in the pre-kids days.

least favorite: taking my elderly neighbor to walmart where she stops to talk to every single person there. i can round up her items within 12 minutes but somehow the trip takes over an hour. i come out of there feeling like i've just been in a cage fight.
  • abracasqueak
    Options
    conventional definitely. I use a treadmill. I don't think I've ever just done squats while waiting in line at wal mart.

Lmmmaaooo!!! I find myself doing weird things like that sometimes!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    My all time favorite exercise is kayaking. I love it. Unfortunately, I don't own a kayak, and most of the lakes around here are private property, so I don't get to go unless invited, or unless I'm traveling.

Other than that, I have been doing Turbo Jam lately, which is somewhat motivating. I have also been known to rollerblade, walk and jump rope. I like to keep it relatively simple.